3 Replies - 4493 Views - Last Post: 09 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Logo Design/Interactive Logo

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hello,

I have been developing a new website for some time now and thanks to your help it is almost done!! Thank you all
I just need to get the details finished!! :)

So now on to my question.

I Need to design a logo. I use photoshop. Is there any other programs that would make logo design easier? (any tutorials anywhere?)

Also for my web site I thought it would be neat to have an "interactive" logo. Maybe something where you see our name in the middle of a beach and if you hover over a star fish It will move and upon clicking it will take you to the "Destinations" page.

(its a travel site)

Any idea where I can find a tutorial to do that sort of thing??

I Hope my question is clear enough. I know its very vague. Anything helps.

Thanks guys! :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Logo Design/Interactive Logo

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Logo Design/Interactive Logo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

While PS is good for making graphic elements, it can also be bad as well. If you make a logo and then need to re-size it bigger, it will become incredibly fuzzy and the image will be worthless. For professional logo design you'll want to make vector images which isn't where PS can help you. Look into Illustrator instead of PS for that. If it's just for you and it's more so a personal site and you won't be re-sizing the image constantly, then don't worry about vector and use PS to design it.

As for an interactive logo, you could just make the logo itself and then duplicate it having the second with the star fish in it. On hover over the image, replace the first logo with the duplicated one. In my personal opinion, I say this isn't worth implementing.

For tutorials on logo design, just pick your favorite search engine and type in something like the following: "Photoshop logo design tutorials". They'll probably be more so for how to utilize the tools, though, vs the actual visual design.

Quick logo design tips from myself:
-keep it simple
-try and stick to one color, MAX two.
-stay away from drop shadows, glowing effects, etc. if you'll be making a business card or using it in any other kind of print.
-pick a good font. pick a good font.
-see above about the font.
-find some galleries/blogs that display creative logos. Do not copy their designs and simply change the color. Simply use them for inspiration and ideas.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

One must remember that easier very rarely means better. What you need to do is use Illustrator and design things in a Vector environment. This is quite a bit harder, but the benefits are well worth it once you get it down.

Just remember to keep it simple, memorable, and clean.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I would make it in Illustrator then import it into Adobe Fireworks to make it interactive how you want it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1