• (2 Pages)
  • +

26 Replies - 1456 Views - Last Post: 12 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: No video display

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Jumpers, BIOS.... these things are not going to effect the computer once the OS starts to boot. Not in this mannor.

It's either a driver issue, the card, or the monitor. Being that he's suggested the effect happens on two monitors, I would suspect the driver/OS, & this can be verified by booting into safemode. Pending that, trying another card.

But I would absolutely shocked if Jumpers or BIOS had anything to do with this. Those low-end configurations have been eliminated back in the Pentium III days when manufacturers started putting I/O cards all into the motherboard. Everything now is auto-magic.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

my bad then, forget the bios jumper ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 g00se  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I removed the CMOS battery for half a minute. This bought me around 15 seconds in the bios. I was just contemplating whether to set the clock when the display disappeared for the day. All attempts to recapture the brief moment of video failed including resetting the cmos again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

well just a thought , do you by any chance have some generic or low end ram, cuz the auto magic spoke of before might not work if the bios doesn't know the ram, for example i had a Asus g41 chipset from new egg that i brought over from the us and it was rated for ddr2 800+ the ram i brought died i replaced it with some china made crap that was rated 667 so the board automaticaly set the speed and timings for default ddr 800 ram and i got a similar problem .

also in bios there is ussually an area you can set fail safe setting just incase there is something not working out with the current default settings
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#20 g00se  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

The system has always had the same ram and once worked. I guess i should be at least able to get into the bios even with no ram at all.
bios settings are inaccessible - i can't see them with no display ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

am almost sure you can't get into bios without ram, you might want to switch out the ram like suggested before to see if its faulty ,

or find a friend with a similar LGA socket to test both your board and your ram i think yours is 1156 or something . i got thown into jubum fuck before i could play around with the current gen intel procs

am almost sure you can't get into bios without ram, you might want to switch out the ram like suggested before to see if its faulty ,

or find a friend with a similar LGA socket to test both your board and your ram i think yours is 1156 or something . i got thown into jubum fuck before i could play around with the current gen intel procs, good luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#22 g00se  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

OK. I might (since i've no other sticks) try each stick alternately. I'm not sure how having faulty ram would fit in with this 'pattern' of brief visibility though...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

This happened last week to one of our developers...It turned out to be a misplaced jumper on the board. and bad ram on a new rig. His video would show up then nothing or the computer froze.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postg00se, on 12 December 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

OK. I might (since i've no other sticks) try each stick alternately. I'm not sure how having faulty ram would fit in with this 'pattern' of brief visibility though...

Well . If (emphasis on “IF” ) it is your hardware, the brief function would happen cuz all ICs (integrated circuits ) in a computer chip set are asynchronous , meaning they run on a clock, flashed with voltage x amount of times in a second , usually x is expressed in hz as in 3000 mhz or 3ghz so if setting are unstable (meaning for some reason the looping of voltage is not inclined to go on and on smoothly ) it would go once or twice and then it would freeze (one of the reasons you get a crash among many ) and you have said that it is not the monitor because you have tried another so the problem has to come from the hardware . Thing is all these ICs are linked via system bus ( front side bus for intel ht for amd they might be called something else now cuz I heard the new intel arcutecture is really diff and the on board video is now on the cpu die .) so if one goes they all go , and since ram plays a big part in on board display since its usually shared the monitor would go out but again this is why you need to test the hardware
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

do you have another mother board laying around?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#26 g00se  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

No other board no. Swapping around ram didn't help
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

this is why you need another system , so you can swap out hardware (proccess of elimanation)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +