27 people shot dead at CT school, mostly kids!

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

238 Replies - 7958 Views - Last Post: 17 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: 27 people shot dead at CT school, mostly kids!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 14 December 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

One came back to life? Like Frosty the Snowman?

HAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

POPULAR

View PostNykc, on 14 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

It is a tainted bloodline, I have no sympathy for them or anyone that bears the immediate family name.

That's a little bit stupid, don't you think?

Okay, no, I'm wrong. That's a lot stupid.
Was This Post Helpful? 10
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 14 December 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

One came back to life? Like Frosty the Snowman?

i think the media is over reporting on this. Sadly the media really only cares about ratings not what actually happened.

for instance:

initial report

20 year old with accomplice shot a few kids with assualt riffles

later report:

20 year old with accomplice killed 27 with amount of kids unknown with assualt riffles

newest report:

24 year old killed 26 18 of which were kids and his mother with 2 9mm hand guns

the media should not report these types of "facts" without evidence
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yeah because the parents are never to blame...

I don't really care what you think to be honest, you ever bury one of your own kids? I have
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

POPULAR

The media shouldn't report it at all, imo. If it wasn't such a showman ship of attention whoring for the shooter just days prior, we may not have these young adults lusting for copy-cat crimes.

But unfortunately blood & sex sells, & so that's our news. & that's what people emulate. its' a vicious cycle.
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

POPULAR

Sorry, Nykc. Gotta go with kiparsky on this one.

You have kids... your son is getting ready to head off to college... two years from now, he's meth addict and goes on a bender and kills 8 people and 4 puppies.

How is this your fault? Should your younger son then be murdered like those innocent puppies just because he comes from the same "tainted" bloodline?
Was This Post Helpful? 8
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostNykc, on 14 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yeah because the parents are never to blame...

I don't really care what you think to be honest, you ever bury one of your own kids? I have

I'm sorry to hear it - really, I am.

But all things considered, I'm sticking with "stupid" on that comment. Your loss is something nobody should ever experience, but it doesn't make you right.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 14 December 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

depricated, let me point the obvious out to you since you are missing it: IT'S HARDER TO KILL PEOPLE WITH KNIVES. THAT'S WHY THAT ARGUMENT IS DUMB. it takes more effort, it's harder to pull off, you can't kill 27 people at once doing it.

there is such a thing as SENSIBLE gun control. no one needs a .223.

There is such a thing as sensible gun control, I don't disagree. Background checks and registration, license for conceal carry, I'm all for these things. I don't see outright banning specific guns as a solution, though. Registration helps track the guns that are out there and makes people be careful about letting them out of their sight. It doesn't keep criminals from getting ahold of illegal firearms though.

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 14 December 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Okay, so you're making the point for me. Sure, you can kill someone with a knife. To kill 27 at a go, you'd rather have a gun.
Or to use my earlier example, a bomb strapped to your chest.

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 14 December 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

View Postdepricated, on 14 December 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 14 December 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

View Postdepricated, on 14 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Aye. Gun control laws in the US would be about as effective as Explosive control laws in Afghanistan. You'd still have madmen blowing themselves up all over people.

Right on. Just like anyone can get hold of a car, so we shouldn't have licenses and registration. Straight up, brother.

When did I say I'm against license and registration?

At 2:36 PM.

Hm. Nope, still not seeing it. What I said is that Gun control laws are about as effective as laws controlling explosives would be in Afghanistan. Idiots still get ahold of them illegally and blow themselves up on buses, in marketplaces, busy streets, and kill dozens. Frequently. This wouldn't change. People still steal licensed and registered guns and use them to kill people.

Criminals don't obey laws, so it's ridiculous to try to curb criminality explicitly by banning the object used by the criminal behavior. It's like banning boxing gloves - or better, banning the instruction of martial arts - because assault is a crime.

So again, do try to avoid the strawman.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

This just in...

Son killed mom and her classroom students. Good job raising little jimmy mommy..

Parents do influence their children believe it or not. I have dealt with drunken and drugged out family, they never ran around killing innocent people for attention.

Like I said - no way to not sound hateful but I don't care, too much of this shit going around and no one wants to claim responsibility. Typical of this age I guess though.

Most wont agree with me and I am fine with that

This post has been edited by Nykc: 14 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

POPULAR

One of the main reason a lot of younger kids these days are they way they are is because the schools teach them that since they are young, they have no reprecutions for what they do.

I know my school district here tells them that parents are not allowed to lay a hand on them or anyone else to that fact and they do the kid should call the cops. Meaning that if a kid hits let's say a younger simbling in the face with a fist you can't spank the older one to show them that there is a punishment associated with their actions.

No "modern parents" aka my age group are the reason there is so much disrespect in the world from young adults. My age group basically has pussified the nation.

example:

Univeristy of North Carolina no longer has "freshmen" because it is derogatory toward women. They must now be called 1st years.
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

I don't disagree that family and upbringing can have a profound impact on how someone turns out in the long run... but as a parent, you don't know how badly you're fucking up your kids until they're grown. My girls might be doctors or scientists or angelic saints who devote themselves to saving lives... or they might be strippers or hookers or crack heads. All I can do is what I think is best and hope it works. That's all any parent can do.

Some parents don't do that, granted, but until all the facts are in, I think you're passing unfair judgement on this man's family.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

POPULAR

Can I now bring up my views on abortion? Maybe if we actually let mothers kill their unwanted children, they don't grow up to be monsters.

Nah, lets just keep telling people how to run their lives, & let it all unravel while we save face.

Yeah, lets ban guns instead. Yeah, guns are the problems, not the parents.

It's a good idea to continue telling people how to run their lives, meanwhile we use the outcome to take away more rights from people not involved. Good jarb America, it's working!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 8
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

I am passing unfair judgement - absolutely because he unfairly judged the lives of several innocent first graders and adults.

It is easy for most to cry gun control laws, but the reality of the situation is the mentality of this lunatic. Guns don't raise killers, but negligent parents sure can.

As a parent you can only hope your kids grow up to make the right choices in life, if this man was as troubled as reported then obviously these "Parents" weren't paying any attention to this kid to even see that there could be some problems brewing. The typical parental response - "he was such a good, smart and quiet young man who never seemed to bother anyone." Or "He was always so quiet, kept to himself in the basement on the internetz and playing minecraft all day" 9/10 the kid was an anti-social emo degenerate who had hardly any human interaction. He obviously lacked any sort of morals or compassion!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

View Postdepricated, on 14 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Hm. Nope, still not seeing it.

I think you're confused. "License and registration" is one aspect of regulation, which is to say of control.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

POPULAR

Just a few things. Other than the things I cited and the next item, I don't claim that any of these are facts, because I can't prove them. Just some fairly-educated opinions.

Just to clarify my position, I am a gun owner, shooter, instructor, and advocate of educated gun ownership and use. I have seen far more gun owners who I would like to disarm than who I am comfortable being around while they handle their gun(s). I don't mind if they have guns in their homes, just not around me.

The average person who carries for self defense would not use their weapon to defend themselves should the situation present itself.

As far as I've read, the police have only recovered two handguns from the scene, no rifles.
cite

Full-sized polymer handguns like the two recovered chambered in 9mm can hold as many as 18+1 rounds. The rate of fire is only fractionally slower than with an AR-15, and at close range the aim and speed of acquisition would be much better.

The number of deaths in schools is the lowest it has been in two decades.
cite hint: it's the same citation

This story will be used by gun control advocates and opponents tirelessly, with both valid and retarded arguments being made (the retarded will generally be the loudest and most common).

Guns make school shootings more common by definition. No guns = no school shootings.

A gun ban would not remove guns. School shootings would decrease, but who knows about violent crime. Both sides of the argument can produce statistics to back up their argument, because statistics are easy to produce. They're much harder to produce accurately and understand.

Guns seem like more of a problem now because of the internet, social media, and the 24 hour news cycle. I never heard about school shootings before Columbine, but they were obviously more common then, than they have been in the last few years.

I posted in this format because I didn't have to tie everything together into some sort of neutral pseudo-rant.
Was This Post Helpful? 8
  • +
  • -

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »