3 Replies - 609 Views - Last Post: 19 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hey everyone!

As my name says I'm Mark! Fairly new to development but worked in the IT sector for about 8 years since I left college. I work for a company that provides IT and services to education and business.

First experience of programming was back in my school days when a group of friends and I spent hours teaching ourselves BASIC on the school Acorns! Many of years later, I've picked up again using C# mostly and ASP.net, but also having looked at Sharepoint and a few other bits for work. I've recently taken on a voluntary post working to maintain a website for a performing activity I was a member of for years so having to learn php and mySQL as i'm going along.

I'm looking at starting a distance learning OU degree next year looking at Solutions Development.

As for non-techy stuffs, I've played music in one form or another since I was around 10. Playing clarinet, trumpet, tuba, baritone and percussion. Marched with a Drum & Bugle Corps since I was 13 and most recently performed in the Closing Ceremonies of both the Olympics and Paralympics this year.

I'm definitely likely to ask plenty of silly and noob questions but will try to keep them to a minimum!

Mark

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Hello!

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Hello!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

My sister took part in the opening ceremony at the Olympics!
Open University is awesome since it let's you get a degree while working.
Welcome to the forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Thanks!

The Ceremonies were an amazing experience! Cool, we went to watch the Technical Rehearsal of the Opening! What section was she in?

Yeah I'm looking forward to learning skills that I can hopefully start using straight away in my everyday work!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

She was in the NHS section.

Yeah, programming is awesome and the technologies you listed above look promising. See you around.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1