4 Replies - 806 Views - Last Post: 28 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

• Tired.
  • member icon

• View blog

Snippet & Tutorial Demo Capability

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

I was just reading Creating A Twitter Speech Bubble With CSS3 by IJET and I thought it would be really great for small scale tutorials like this to be able to have a demo page of this code. I think this would be of great benefit to readers especially when javascript is involved.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Snippet & Tutorial Demo Capability

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Snippet & Tutorial Demo Capability

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Yeah.. that's typically up to the writer's discretion. Though I know that the author's code for that one should work right out of the gate (well assuming you add a twitter handle to follow) with the code at the bottom.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

I think you'll learn more by actual typing in the code, rather than Copy and paste. Is that the point of a tutorial, a more in depth look on a subject matter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Tired.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

I think you'll learn more by actual typing in the code, rather than Copy and paste. Is that the point of a tutorial, a more in depth look on a subject matter.

I'm not suggesting that the users copy and paste the code. But for some it would be great to see the end functionality without having to recreate the project. For example, if the title says, "Learn how to create a sweet transition with CSS3." I would want to actually see the transition working before I take the time to read the tutorial, as I may not think the transition is sweet. We can always suggest using JSFiddle or Codepen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I kinda like the idea of asking authors to provide a JSFiddle for the tutorials that it would work for, as long as they don't just submit the link. The tutorial itself still needs to stand up on its own.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1