7 Replies - 4910 Views - Last Post: 05 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

hdd capable and status ok

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

hi,
i've plugged a second hdd but i get a problem smart-5 capable and status ok. i want when i start my pc to have both hdd working properly. when i unplug the second one the pc starts. but i dont want this situation.
thank you.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: hdd capable and status ok

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: hdd capable and status ok

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

I assume this new drive is a typical SATA drive with the red cable? If so, plug it into one of your SATA ports on the motherboard and the other end into the drive. Plug in the power cable.

Then when you start the computer you should use the keyboard combination unique to your motherboard type to get into the BIOS. There you will see your hdd boot order. Make sure it is set to your OLD drive (the one with your operating system on it). Not the new one, otherwise the computer won't boot.

That should be all you need to do. Once you save your settings in BIOS, restart your machine. Your computer should boot off the old drive, then once you enter windows it will ask you to install drivers for the new HDD. Just pop in the disk that came with the drive and format the drive.

Once that is all done, your drive is ready to use. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

thank you but i have tried this method and it doesnt work. im just about to destroy my pc cause its driving me crazy. in the second hdd i have 3 partitions. i have formated the first two so they are totally empty. in the third i just have have some of my data.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Ok, so the drive has already been used before in another computer. Nice little tidbit to know. ;)

Did this drive work in the old computer just fine? These drives are usually just plug and play. When you plug it in and start it up, what messages is it telling you on the screen? Can you see anything related to windows pop up? Does it look like it is trying to boot windows? Does it say that the drive needs formatting? Are you able to get into BIOS and see the boot order of your drives?

More information about what you are experiencing would help. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

i was playing with dos and hdd and deactivated it. i reactivated it and now nothing. when i plug it i have to do a rescan dick in the dick management.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Why where you playing with HDD? You only use that when there is a problem with the drive, not for setting up the drive.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

If you had check that your BIOS can detect your HDD then make sure that your HDD still in good condition ( not got damage)
Else if you check the BIOS but not detect then, you must make sure the data cable good or not,, if good then try to check your POWER SUPPLY, maybe the power not enough to operate it.
else if all above is no matter, then the matter is maybe your HDD need to try to install an OS to make it bootable, then format the partition again.
Or what is your matteR?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

never mind i fixed it. all i did was going to bios, plug the hdd and turn off lba. and restart. everything is ok now
thank u.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1