Need Help Learning Programming

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 382 Views - Last Post: 23 December 2012 - 02:04 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Help Learning Programming

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Ok, I have been programming now for about two years or so. I started with VB.Net back in 2010 but I didn't like it because it seemed way too pointless and completely useless. So after about a week or two of trying to learn VB.Net I decided to switch over to C# and I learned a bit more about OO programming and basic programming stuff like variables and if else statements and other very basic stuff but after a month or so of that I didnt know where else to turn to keep learning it after the youtube tutorials ended. So I just decided to switch languages again and i start learning java this time because i found out that i wanted to develop for android, and i went out and got a beginner java book and learned it all and then i got a really comprehensive java book that was over a thousand pages and i started learning that but about six months into it i realized that at that point ive been learning java for over a year and still havnt got to the interesting things like GUI so i chose to downgrade to a much more easier language called python so i could see progress quicker. Ive been programming in python now for just over a month and i feel that i know most of the language but when i try to start making my own program from complete scratch in python i have no idea how to put everything together to make it do something useful that will work. I know how use variables, how to use classes, inheritance, constructors, methods, functions, overriding methods, loops, if statements, and a lot of other stuff but i just dont know how to put it all together into a program that will do something, i dont know where else to turn, please help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Help Learning Programming

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Need Help Learning Programming

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Next time, please only make one post on the same topic.

This post has been edited by BloodyInari: 23 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Help Learning Programming

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Please avoid duplicate posting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0