Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 10823 Views - Last Post: 20 July 2007 - 07:47 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

access denied

Post icon  Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

Hi all,

I have an application that querys an online database and downloads the files that I don't have on my machine.
When saving the files if I specify a local drive to save to this process works, but if I specifiy a networked drive such as
"\\POSFS1\\Clinicshared$\fax" it does not save due to access. I am a domain admin and a local admin on all the servers that we have.
I guess the question is how do I make my C# application (.exe) run with admin rights insted of system rights?
Thanks for thinking,
Corliss

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: access denied

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: access denied

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:25 AM

Does your application take it's permissions from anywhere? Sounds like you'll need to modify the shared drive permission to allow the app to read and write to it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

Thanks Amadeus,
Unfortunetly this file server is an enterprise level server that is intergrated into all facets of our system.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

Hmmm....assuming the machine you're working on has admin rights, can you try running the program in a batch file from the admin account?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Have you checked the necessary permissions on the network folder that you are writing too?

There are two permissions that have to be set for networked folders. There is the access granted to a specific user or group on the security tab in the properties of the networked folder. And there is also a set of permissions that need to be set on the Sharing tab, click the Permissions button.

I have attached two screen shots of the necessary permissions that need to be set.

By the way, SYSTEM is an admin account by default, as you can see in the screen shot, it a has full control over the network folder.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1