Wanting to make a inventory list. Where to start?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 4882 Views - Last Post: 15 January 2013 - 12:07 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Wanting to make a inventory list. Where to start?

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'd do it in sql -- free to download and easier to use then that junk access.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Why not just make an asp.net application? Then you could access it in your LAN from any machine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Uuummmmmm..... What?

:helpsmilie: :surrender: :stupid:

Honestly, I am not even enough to call me a student.. I have no problem learning, just need help. What is ASP? Is it ASP or ASP.net? Where do I go to learn SQL for my tables and all that? Its not offered at my local Junior College

~Junior
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

OK, I am finally home from my holiday 'family outing' and im totally ready to get down and dirty with this. I have some VB GUI already made up, named it.. I understand I have coding to do with the VB, and now that im home, I got a book to reference and go through.
The SQL is gonna stump me. Im not trained with it, sooo.... Book recommendation?? Website? Tutorial(s)?
Again, this project is just for me/myself/I. So it doesn't have to be perfect for someone else to go through my code to edit or whatever. I totally plan on using my own notes and stuff because I am really forgetful :online2long:
So I have started with the GUI side, not gonna start the programming side till I have all my check boxes, text boxes, list boxes, etc...(we know how the list can go on and on and on), so I know what to send info from/to.

Another question. Reading from SQL, would typing in a model number be able to populate automagically if it has inputted into the list once already?? This would be handy to prevent multiple inputs of the same thing, and then I can just change the quantity...

My hopes,
~Junior
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +