2 Replies - 8547 Views - Last Post: 26 December 2012 - 07:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

joining windows forms

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

i was wondering how chrome and firefox uses two windows and joins them a runtime, i have seen it done in some projects but have never played the the code myself had no use of it til this point in my project, if anyone has the resources, websites etc that they have links for i can figure it out for myself. thanks in advance. :D

for example:

i am making one windows forms for the tabs, the other for the webbrowser controls, i.e back buttons etc.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: joining windows forms

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: joining windows forms

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Don't use forms. Use UserControls. They are like forms without the Titlebar and so on. That way you can create a single 'control' that is really a composite of several.

An example would be grouping several buttons onto a UserControl to make a 10-key pad. You can then place the 10-key pad as a single control.

This tutorial while in C# shows this technique quite well.
Bulding an application - Part 1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: joining windows forms

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 26 December 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Don't use forms. Use UserControls. They are like forms without the Titlebar and so on. That way you can create a single 'control' that is really a composite of several.

An example would be grouping several buttons onto a UserControl to make a 10-key pad. You can then place the 10-key pad as a single control.

This tutorial while in C# shows this technique quite well.
Bulding an application - Part 1

sweet thanks :D i'll check it out
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1