• +

16 Replies - 1871 Views - Last Post: 10 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dreamweaver 8 setting up mysql database

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostPrince1506, on 27 December 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Then which one do you use for making website with backend of MySQL may be I could also then use it and you provide me instruction on how to use it

Which what? Language? IDE?

I already suggested that you learn PHP and use Notepad++ to do so. It's a very simple editor, perfect for those learning basic programming. No overly complex features to get in your way. - Don't get me wrong, those features can be great, but not if you don't know the basics first.

Once you're comfortable programming in a simple editor like that, only then should you start considering more complex IDEs like Netbeans, Eclipse or PhpStorm. (Note that I don't include Dreamweaver, because it's not a programming IDE; it's focus is on designers.)

There are about a billion basic tutorials for PHP out there. Finding a tutorial you like shouldn't be that hard. Then there is also php.net, which you should familiarize yourself with if you are going forward with learning PHP. It's where every function and class in the PHP language is documented, so it should always be your first stop when you are looking for info on PHP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Dreamweaver 8 setting up mysql database

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostPrince1506, on 27 December 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

And biggest of all Is it bcoz of windows 8.
geeeeezzzzzz...

I just want to access mysql database through css and html language. Dreamweaver is not really necessary here...

How do you expect to connect a database using just css and HTML. You need a server side language like C, C++, java, .NET etc . Also once you figure that out, there could be some softwares clashing with your database software or other softwares required for the connection. Because once when i was doing the same, got some mobile software installed and the next day my project just wouldn't run. Had to move everything then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +