1 Replies - 1701 Views - Last Post: 27 December 2012 - 10:34 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PYTHON 3.3 + GUI + COMPILE

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Morning,
I have been looking for a library solution of both GUI and Compiler but for Python 3.3 and ofcourse i was hoping for a combination that would be most compatible between them. After searching i may have concluded to cx_Freeze (because it was the only one that noticed that currently supports version Python 3.3), but i do not know what GUI library should i combine it with. Does cx_Freeze alone put any kind of restriction to my choice of GUI? I would also be interested in using my programs for commercial purposes, so would this put again some other kind of limitations to my GUI choice? I have read many good stuff about PySide, but still i do not know wether this is the one that i should choose. Is PySide same as PyQT and PyQT4 and QT or which is the exact relationship between those? Disadvantages - advantages, capabilities, benefits, costs, etc. (What is the lowest possible cost of buying such a commercial license for my programming?. Are there different versions and should i be carefull to choose the best for me? Where could i get this from? PySide is total free for my commercial needs?) I need to be legit so i guess i should learn how to handle with the licencing thing. Please somebody clear things for me.

Thanks 4 your time i really appreciate that.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PYTHON 3.3 + GUI + COMPILE

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PYTHON 3.3 + GUI + COMPILE

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Postgouz, on 27 December 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Morning,
I have been looking for a library solution of both GUI and Compiler but for Python 3.3 and ofcourse i was hoping for a combination that would be most compatible between them.
Are you sure it's really necessary to compile your code?

View Postgouz, on 27 December 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

After searching i may have concluded to cx_Freeze (because it was the only one that noticed that currently supports version Python 3.3), but i do not know what GUI library should i combine it with. Does cx_Freeze alone put any kind of restriction to my choice of GUI?
I used the internet to find the answer, and so can you. I simply googled "cx_freeze python gui programming" and I found a tutorial in which they used Cx_freeze and wx. Will it work with other gui frameworks? 99-100% of us don't know off the top of our heads. A few options you may want to try would be:
A.) Creating a hello world application in the GUI of your choice and see if it works with CxFreeze
B.) Contact the guys who work with cx_freeze
C.) Use a search engine such as Google, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, or Bing.

I would also be interested in using my programs for commercial purposes, so would this put again some other kind of limitations to my GUI choice?
Yes. For more information, please use google. To get you started, this link will give you all the info you could need on the commercial licensing of pyqt.

I have read many good stuff about PySide, but still i do not know wether this is the one that i should choose. Is PySide same as PyQT and PyQT4 and QT
No. Each gui framework is different.

or which is the exact relationship between those? Disadvantages - advantages, capabilities, benefits, costs, etc. (What is the lowest possible cost of buying such a commercial license for my programming?. Are there different versions and should i be carefull to choose the best for me? Where could i get this from? PySide is total free for my commercial needs?) I need to be legit so i guess i should learn how to handle with the licencing thing. Please somebody clear things for me.
Once again, please use the internet to find your answer. you may want to consider asking the duck. Keep in mind that a good search engine will be a better friend to you than anyone else ever will.

This post has been edited by atraub: 27 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1