1 Replies - 425 Views - Last Post: 29 December 2012 - 06:31 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

What's your favorite Python book?

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

I've done most of my learning of python through my good friend Google (you may have met him too). He introduced me to several different video tutorials and online books/tutorials as well which helped me learn. I was just thinking that I've never actually read a (physical) book about python. Anyway my question is in the title, what is your favorite python book (online or physical)? I would say my favorite is. . . ok, I don't have one :(, unless of course you consider the python documentation a book :). Also I'll add a part b to this question. . . What book would you reccommend to me? I'm an intermediate programmer. I'm over the beginner stuff but I'm not an expert.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What's your favorite Python book?

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What's your favorite Python book?

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

The Quick Python Book is my favourite by far. It will probably cover some material that you have already covered but, nevertheless, is an interesting read. (It could be slightly longer though, despite the title.)

Learning Python by Mark Lutz is NOT my favourite; there is a lot of waffle. However, I felt obliged to buy it because no other book covers so much information, or in such detail. I have to recommend it for this reason. If you buy only one book, it should be this one.

Python Essential Reference by David Beazley is a good, concise, reference, but it is primarily for reference, and not really a detailed-tutorial.

And, of course, the docs!

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 29 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1