3 Replies - 523 Views - Last Post: 02 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Khedwulf

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hello everyone, I am new to programming. A friend suggested this site to me, so I thought that I would check it out. Computers fascinate me, I want to learn all I can about them, my goal is to one day know and understand exactly how a computer functions.

You could say that I am at ground zero, I have no experience, or schooling with programming. That is why I am here, from the small tid bits of what I have observed, this website seems to be exactly what I am seeking. Somewhere I can progressively learn over time, and get the guidance I need to master programming. As of right now, I am seeking to learn the basics, any suggestions?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Khedwulf

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Khedwulf

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Welcome!

As of right now, I am seeking to learn the basics, any suggestions?

You'll need to be a bit more specific, but off hand - flip through the student section, the tutorials, snippets, and cubicle corner. There's a plethora of similar sounding bells being rung.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

HI Khedwulf

Welcome to DIC :)

Good to see that you are fascinated about computers...:)...this fascination is probably the main factor that will enable you to enjoy what you learn.

As a beginner, I believe that joining this website is the best step that you have probably taken in your life. You will certainly learn a lot over here :)

Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums :)

regards,
Raghav
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Well I have decided to start out with C++, I have bought myself a rather large book on it, and am currently going through it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1