2 Replies - 485 Views - Last Post: 30 December 2012 - 08:17 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

What to do next with Python?

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I have just finished the book: Learn Python the Hard Way
Now I would really like to continue studying. I would like to learn about web applications and use Django, but
as I read it is not advisable to go straight to web applications...
So do you guys have any advice what book should I read next and what section of Python should I learn before starting
with web apps?
Any help and suggestions are welcome
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What to do next with Python?

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What to do next with Python?

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Make a thing!

Think of some task you do often, and make a script to do it for you. Or make a game, if that's something you find intereting. Or, if you really want to learn Django, just do it! People are always going around saying "you can't do X until you know all about Y", and sometimes they're right, but sometimes they're not. Try it and see for yourself.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• Blue Sprat
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What to do next with Python?

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Django can be learnt from where you are. I went from "Beginning Python" to learning about Django and it didn't cause me many problems. There is a whole website of documentation available, the Django book is free online, they have irc and a mailing list - so what's stopping you!

If Django proves to difficult, do something else, and then come back to it - you haven't lost out at all!
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1