2 Replies - 503 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2013 - 07:30 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

PyPy - anyone had a look?

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

I am a Python noob for the time being and trying to improve in this area. By browsing the net, from time to time i come across PyPy. I still don't know where PyPy fits in but there is a bit of hype over it. People saying that PyPy will replace Python etc and encouraging others to give it a go. So my question is whether anyone tried it and what feedback can you give on the technology.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PyPy - anyone had a look?

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PyPy - anyone had a look?

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

I sincerely doubt that Pypy will ever replace Python. Essentially, pypy is an implementation of Python in which the interpreter is built in Python. This allows the programmer to programatically change the way the interpreter works on the fly. Pypy is great for trying to implement new functionality into the language, but I really don't see it as ever being a drop in replacement for CPython, despite what their website says.

This post has been edited by atraub: 31 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PyPy - anyone had a look?

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

View Postdarek9576, on 31 December 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I am a Python noob for the time being and trying to improve in this area. By browsing the net, from time to time i come across PyPy. I still don't know where PyPy fits in but there is a bit of hype over it. People saying that PyPy will replace Python etc and encouraging others to give it a go. So my question is whether anyone tried it and what feedback can you give on the technology.

Why not just try it out and see if you like it? What have you got to lose?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1