• +
  • Last »

104 Replies - 7134 Views - Last Post: 08 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New Year's resolution?

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Well I actually started my "resolutions" back in August when I gave up Mtn Dew. I started the c25k program in November after I got moved in. My "new years resolution" is to step up my game. The holidays destroyed my progress (come on, there's no such thing as self control where gmas cookies are concerned), so getting back into my routine is a great place to start for me. I pledge that I WILL wake up every morning for a jog like I pledged to before, and I WILL lift when I get some. I WILL not go out to eat more than once a week, and I WILL NOT go back to Dayton every weekend (going to my moms house also slays progress). All in all, as far as numbers are concerned, I'd like to lose 20 lbs before Easter.

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 31 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'm there whicha on the C25K thing. Shin splints put me out for 4 weeks and back to restarting from square one. I'm now about to start week 3 tomorrow and damned if my shins are great but now my effing ankles think it's their turn. I'll run out of rebellious body parts eventually so I'll get the whole program done one day.

I don't even wanna see a scale because of the holidays.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I gained 4 lbs :(

I just got done testing out my new kicks. Other than the I-haven't-ran-in-three-days burn, it was painless. I keep straining my left ankle, so by a mile in my left calf and ankle felt like I was half way to charley horse town every step. These new shoes felt like the Cadillac of running shoes compared to those. I'll use the Vibrams for yoga and shit.

If you're curious they're the New Balance 750 v1. Pink and black.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

white people love new balances!
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 31 December 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

new years resolutions are for people who intend to fail. if you have a change in your life you want to make you should make it right away, not wait for some dumb date in the distance.

Gotta be honest, that may be true for some people, but certainly isn't true for everyone. When December 30th or 31st rolls around, I usually start thinking about the new year. I think about my shortcomings of the previous year, my goals for the next year, and I choose a new year's resolution as something of a "theme" for that year rather than an exact goal. Beginning 2010, I wanted to start a programming blog and I averaged about 2 and 1/3 posts per month. It slowed down on some months due to school but I was fairly consistent year round. In 2011, I had made some dietary choices that negatively affected both my weight and overall health. I decided my theme for 2012 would be to remove unhealthy things from my life. Keeping in that theme, I ate better, my weight went from 155lbs to 140lbs, and I learned a lot about nutrition.

TLDR some people really can keep up with new year's resolutions. It's not always "I'm going to wait til this day to start working on this goal" it's sometimes "the theme for next year will be X". To anyone else setting a resolution that they believe they'll keep, I salute you!

EDIT: More resolutions I remembered
In 2009, I wanted to cut out sugar, so I gave up soda. Since 2009 I have managed to consistently maintain 0-2 sodas per month. While this next one isn't a new-year's resolution, I decided in August that I wanted to start learning guitar. Since then I've been practicing little by little in my free time and have even taken a few lessons. My goal was to learn some of the basics by January and I've succeeded. My left hand's finger tips are nice and callused.

This post has been edited by atraub: 31 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

a statement as a generalization that is true for most people but not true in EVERY CASE EVER?!?!

holy fuck!
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

I used to think New Balance had the ugliest fucking shoes on earth, but they're coming out with some sexy ones, like the kind I got. I've always been a Nike girl.

Posted Image

Wy don't img codes work with my tablet?

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 31 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

white people just like quality at an affordable price, is all i was getting at.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I have to agree. I like quality at an affordable price. Especially free. Free is an affordable price.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 31 December 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I used to think New Balance had the ugliest fucking shoes on earth, but they're coming out with some sexy ones, like the kind I got. I've always been a Nike girl.

Posted Image

I bet Ray Charles would own a pair of those.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

My New Year's resolution for this year is to make a habit out of never saying anything critical or negative about anyone. To their face or otherwise.

I don't really see this as an excuse to have been a horsefeathered jackass all year, as I feel that I am not overly critical, but rather a change in philosophy.

I am learning that even when it is true (or, especially, perhaps), being critical of someone just inspires them to resent you and criticism is almost never forgotten. Encouraging by focusing on positives, on the other hand, almost always comes off as productive and complimentary.

It's going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnng year until I really get a handle on this. Try it for one day and see how many critical things you say about people in general. I can almost guarantee it will shock you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

meh, some people are dipshits and deserve to be told as much.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostZero Cool, on 31 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

My New Year's resolution for this year is to make a habit out of never saying anything critical or negative about anyone. To their face or otherwise.

Damn. I'd have to sew my mouth shut and amputate my fingers to accomplish this.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#29 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Treat everyone like the special-wecial-widdle-snookums-snowflake they are? Man - you and the klingon should write a book together!
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 31 December 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Treat everyone like the special-wecial-widdle-snookums-snowflake they are? Man - you and the klingon should write a book together!

Hahaha. I have already started so I was hoping to hit the ground running on the first. It is so (SO!) hard to bite your tongue on the first instinct to tell people why what they did was stupid and instead explain to them what would've been a better choice without criticizing.

However, I have already noticed the results in terms of getting people to do what I want them to do without rustling their jimmies. Seems like it could be worthwhile in the long run. But I think after I have mastered my tongue I will then only use criticism when it is really needed, and not every time it comes as first instinct.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »