14 Replies - 4079 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What WEB video PLAYER to has ALL these features?: (SEE this topic)

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

What WEB video PLAYER to include ALL these features?:

- Free (including for commercial use = for advertising. Probably GPL licence? You know, I will have to put an advertisement on my website to pay the hosting site because they probably will ask money in the future.)

- The player should work on "all" web browsers, mobile phones and iPads or wherever

- playing UNLIMITED number of UPLOADED and LINKED videos (Unlinited number of UPLOADED videos (MP4, flv, etc) on my webside, for example:

http://www.singingtv...eos/Flowers.flv
http://www.singingtv...eos/Michael.flv

PLUS UNLIMITED number of LINKED videos from ANY website, for example: Youtube, Vimeo, etc. which URL I will paste into the code, for example:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PC8tjwuHSCo
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FQonXXDuR-8
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gt2Az3_Gvz8
http://current.com/g...s-in-7-days.htm
http://current.com/s...august-10pm.htm
http://current.com/g...al-badlands.htm
http://www.ted.com/t..._bluegrass.html
http://www.ted.com/t...ung_beetle.html
http://www.ted.com/t...s_by_banjo.html
http://blip.tv/sound...episode-6484869
http://vimeo.com/38332777
http://www.ustream.tv/trystlasvegas

- TRUE random play (where absolutely nothing will be repeated before ALL the videos are played, even after repeatedly restarting the player)
- autoplay
- repeat ALL list
- fullscreen
- "annotations" or "share" with the direct link to an original video on Internet (I mean the same feature like it is on YouTube where you can write any text you want on the screen of the player and after you click on the text, you are automatically redirected to any other page on internet (in a new window), for example: "CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE SINGER ON YOUTUBE" or: "CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE VIDEOS FROM THIS SINGER". After one click on this sentence it will open a singer's original channel on YouTube (in a new window).
- of course, in the manual of the installation (or on the producer's website) has to be available the codes for the player (I guess HTML code or so) and a code for a playlist (I guess XML or so). Because I am not any programmer.

- My secret dream is some people, the ones who will know a password from me, could upload or/and insert (paste their URL link) into the player, by them self. But this feature will be only for those singers I am sure they always make nice video. All other singers' videos I will have to upload/paste their URL by myself after I see the videos first. This last feature, I guess, is not about the player but about my website which I will have to develop so that it can be able to do this one, because I do not believe any player could do this one.

There're so many free WEB video players. I've tried many of them, but not found the right one, yet. Please, do you have some good idea What WEB video PLAYER which has ALL these features I should use?? Many thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What WEB video PLAYER to has ALL these features?: (SEE this topic)

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What WEB video PLAYER to has ALL these features?: (SEE this topic)

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Check out the HTML5 <video> tag.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 01 January 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Check out the HTML5 <video> tag.

Thank you very much. This player looks good!
I found the code how to play UPLOADED and LINKED videos.
But I did not find codes how to play:
- TRUE random play (where absolutely nothing will be repeated before ALL the videos are played, even after repeatedly restarting the player)
- autoplay
- repeat ALL list
- fullscreen
- "annotations" or "share" with the direct link to an original video on Internet (I mean the same feature like it is on YouTube where you can write any text you want on the screen of the player and after you click on the text, you are automatically redirected to any other page on internet (in a new window), for example: "CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE SINGER ON YOUTUBE" or: "CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE VIDEOS FROM THIS SINGER". After one click on this sentence it will open a singer's original channel on YouTube (in a new window).
- Also I did not find the information whether I can use the playr for free and at the same time to put an advertisement on my website (commercial use).

Please, do you know where they have all these ones mentioned above?
Thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I have a novel idea- you might have to write code yourself for order of play. Programming isn't about copy/pasting others' solutions.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 02 January 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

I have a novel idea- you might have to write code yourself for order of play. Programming isn't about copy/pasting others' solutions.

Hmmm, I think it is not about "programming" but about to offer a good product with the PROPER manual. Because some players include on their websites and/or into the manual how to install it, COMPLETE codes: There are all options in the code. People just choose "false" or "true". That's it! The problem is, FREE players which I found (unlike commercial players) do not include "RANDOM play" lines and the other lines I want (SEE above).

So,...my question is still not answered: Please, ANYONE, can you help me to find such player which includes into the manual of the installation (or on their website) the lines I mentioned above? Thank you for any help.
Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hmmm, I think it is not about "programming" but about to offer a good product with the PROPER manual.

The HTML5 <video> tag is designed simply to play videos. You would be writing the player. If you are just looking for copy/pasta, I'm going to close the thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 02 January 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Hmmm, I think it is not about "programming" but about to offer a good product with the PROPER manual.

The HTML5 <video> tag is designed simply to play videos. You would be writing the player. If you are just looking for copy/pasta, I'm going to close the thread.

It needn't be HTML5, which is (I see now) for programmers. Can you give me an advice about a player which normal people can use and which has the features I mentioned above?

Why you are talking about closing this thread? Why you don't want let other people to help me if you don't know about that player? Why you are so aggressive and negative?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Honestly, what you're describing is a video sharing website and app, and it sounds like you're asking us to hand it to you on a silver platter. With all these features, you're really not going to find something all made to custom specifications. If you want everything, you'll have to write some code or find somebody who will. You're on a programming forum, so the assumption is that you're willing to write some code.

The player should work on "all" web browsers, mobile phones and iPads or wherever

HTML5 is really the best option here.

Can you give me an advice about a player which normal people can use and which has the features I mentioned above?

Normal people don't develop websites with lots of custom specifications. There are a ton of free HTML5 players out there, as I think you've already discovered. Again- if you want things done your way, it usually involves writing a little code.

Why you are talking about closing this thread?

Rule #1 of the forum is that we aren't a code factory. We are happy to help people with their good faith efforts.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 02 January 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Honestly, what you're describing is a video sharing website and app, and it sounds like you're asking us to hand it to you on a silver platter. With all these features, you're really not going to find something all made to custom specifications. If you want everything, you'll have to write some code or find somebody who will. You're on a programming forum, so the assumption is that you're willing to write some code.

I thought I described it clearly. But I see i did not. All I want is a web video player where I will be adding UPLOADED as well as LINKED videos INTO the player. That's NOT any video sharing web site like YouTube where people have own channels / pages / playlists or what ever! That's a big difference! Because I will have on my website ONLY the player where I will be playing videos. That's NOT any video sharing website but a standard website with a web video player like other millions of websites on the Internet do so. What I am asking people here is to help me to find a good standard web video player with good standard features, and with a manual of the installation, including the codes. (Many players show the codes in the manuals or/and on their websites.)

The features I mentioned above are not something special but a good standard: random play, autoplay / autostart, repeat list, fullscreen, share, playing MP4, Flv, linked videos (YouTube), compatibility with the browsers, etc. That's really NOT something special. The problem is, I found only such players which are not free licence. (In the commercial players, people can simply choose: "true" or "false" in the PREPARED codes, for all the features. The codes producers include into the manuals of installation or on their websites.) And the ones that are free licence I found, usually do not offer all the standard features. Yes, I would like to write some codes by myself (it's just about to add a few lines to some code) but how can I know the lines when each player uses a little bit different lines? (For example, JWplayer does not use: "random play" but: 'shuffle': 'true'. How can I know the lines if some of producers do not show the lines?

Normal people don't develop websites with lots of custom specifications. There are a ton of free HTML5 players out there, as I think you've already discovered. Again- if you want things done your way, it usually involves writing a little code.

I am not going to develop any website with a lot of features. All I want is to put on my website a web video player with a good standard features, like normal people do so. A player with features. Not a website with features.

Rule #1 of the forum is that we aren't a code factory. We are happy to help people with their good faith efforts.

Please, read the title of my post. I am not asking for any code but for a help to find the player. That's why, I also posted that question which forum I should use here. People here surely have the knowledge to give me the advice what player I should use ( in spite of the fact, for some experts here, would be easier to write a code for a player during 5 minutes).
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

The problem is, I found only such players which are not free licence.

It's not that far of a stretch to understand if you have a laundry list of features you may need to pay up to have them all in one spot. My suggestion - buy up a license and move on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 03 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

The problem is, I found only such players which are not free licence.

It's not that far of a stretch to understand if you have a laundry list of features you may need to pay up to have them all in one spot. My suggestion - buy up a license and move on.

Please, read the above. It's about standard features. Nothing special.
P.S.: If I would have money I would not write here that question, don't you think?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Please, read the above. It's about standard features. Nothing special.

Sure.. you consider them standards, but clearly you are not finding players with all those features so they are not.. standard. Standard would mean they are ubiquitous across the board and you could dance in a tulip field without tripping over a player with those features, you dig?

P.S.: If I would have money I would not write here that question, don't you think?

I have no idea what your finances are or are not. Maybe you have oodles of Spanish doubloons laying around but are just a cheapskate and want something with a lot of options for free? Maybe you have a monk taking a vow of poverty and have nothing to trade but your prayers and tears... I don't know.

What I do know is if your non standard bundled features are not found in some free setup then your options are to pony up the clams for a license or roll your own.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I am not going to develop any website with a lot of features. All I want is to put on my website a web video player with a good standard features, like normal people do so. A player with features. Not a website with features.

Video players that are embedded into websites as you described are either developed internally by people with programming skills, or developed externally by people with programming skills and sold with commercial licenses. The free ones you are finding still require some programming to customize them to a great extent, as you are finding.

What I do know is if your non standard bundled features are not found in some free setup then your options are to pony up the clams for a license or roll your own.

This. A thousand times over.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Everybody here knows the features I want are a good standard. They are not anything special. You know it. Just free licences cut off these standard features to push people to buy the commercial licences or the commercial plugins. You know it. You just talk with this way to push people to get the money from them for your commercial service, as well. (Hidden commercial advertisement.) So, if you don't want help, it's better not to reply. (You surely know about tonnes of the codes I need. Just to paste it here.) I won't reply to non-constructive messages, any more, any way. Bye.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

I have no idea what you mean when you say "I know it". What I do know is you've allegedly went through a bushel of free ones - all that do not have the same list of features you want. What that does tell me is your "standard" features are not standard together. It's simple.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1