Sending e-mail not working

• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 7113 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2013 - 01:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Sending e-mail not working

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

My code is created by following the steps from the links I posted in my initial post, slightly edited for my needs that does not affect my issue at all.

Sure I may not post my code in the CODE tags... but I already posted my code from an outdated tutorial from CS3/CS4 that still clear as day in CS6.

Close this, delete this. Whatever... (since I have no idea how to)... every time I seem to post for help, no one is helpful. I swear I get treated like I am not talking in English recently.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Look there champ. If you've been around the block before you've gotten the support call of "I did the EXACT SAME STEPS AS I DO EVERY MONDAY MORNING AND NOW IT'S NOT WORKING!! FIX IT!!". Upon investigation you find they are *NOT* doing the same steps.. and something the user over looked or dismissed as not important turns out to be important.

You are using a method that returns a true or false... if it is returning *NOTHING* then *YOU* did something wrong. What, I don't know. You can tell me you are using those tutorials or what have you but until I see the exact code you are using I cannot reproduce your error to help you.

My code is created by following the steps from the links I posted in my initial post, slightly edited for my needs

That slight edit or a jacked up environment very well maybe the issue.

. every time I seem to post for help, no one is helpful. I swear I get treated like I am not talking in English recently.

Sure you are frustrated but there's no reason to act like a jerk or work up a 'tude over it. Either you want help and will post your code, or not. I can suggest a million things that might be the problem, but that is tedious and trying.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sure I may not post my code in the CODE tags... but I already posted my code from an outdated tutorial from CS3/CS4 that still clear as day in CS6.

Error messages have line numbers. The tutorials post the code in parts. If your error says line 81, it's not easy to discern that from the tutorial.

Close this, delete this. Whatever... (since I have no idea how to)... every time I seem to post for help, no one is helpful. I swear I get treated like I am not talking in English recently.

I'm sure you're familiar with functions and return types, since PHP isn't your first language. We are telling you the mail() function returns something, and the documentation says the same thing. So saying the mail() function returns nothing does not make any sense. For someone with ~80 posts, you should really know how to ask a question and post the relevant information we need to help you.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +