• (2 Pages)
  • +

21 Replies - 1612 Views - Last Post: 31 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Chromebook?

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postalicemenezes, on 11 January 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Is the chromebook really that good? Is it available everywhere yet? I'm in India.

The only reason why you want to buy a chromebook is because they're cheap. LOL
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

so many out loud laughs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostTyler Ltd, on 04 January 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Well, my HP died on my as I said above, and this was the only laptop I could afford. It'll do for a while. I can still program at school.

Actually, if you use an online compiler such a the one in my signature, then you can program anywhere that you have an internet connection.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I always thought the ChromeBook would be good for simply taking notes in class or something. I view it a lot like a tablet, but with a physical keyboard. I also take all my notes on Google Drive so I dont have to keep track of them.

Its also not bad for simply viewing the web.

I do all my serious computing on a desktop, because I have a lot of problems with laptops, as they dont tend to last more than two years without a replacement part here or there. Laptops are more expensive, and with that being said, the laptop expense isnt worth it for me based on my needs at this moment.

But I should also point out that I dont have a chromebook either haha, but if I was gonna get a laptop again, it would be a chromebook simply because of the limited domain of my needs for such a computer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I won't be getting a Google Chrome. If my Alienware has an unrecoverable crash landing I'd probably just get a new desktop. I've found that generally what I want to do away from a desktop only really requires my smart phone or my Kindle Fire. If I was to purchase a new laptop it wouldn't be a Google Chrome because I'd need a full fledged OS, not some dummied down OS designed for the less technologically inclined for web-surfing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

..as though the more technologically inclined wouldn't want to just surf the web on a simple device? That's like the ancient mantra of Apple computers being for those who don't really know how to use computers- plenty of adept people use them too, you know.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Lol...true, true. I was referring to the fact that when I surf the web, I tend to need Visual Studio to be ready to go so that I can attempt to answer some random coding question that was posed here on D.I.C. or on the forums at Compilr. Aside from my forum monitoring, the only other web surfing I really do is when I'm at work and need help with my code. I also surf at work when I have nothing to do, then I randomly look up junk on Wikipedia, or find a random article on some new coding concept. I don't really surf the web when I'm not at work. When away from the office, my normal internet activity includes checking facebook and twitter on my smartphone or Kindle.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +