1 Replies - 548 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

A Strange Person Has Joined Your Forums!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Actually I signed up here roughly a year ago. Never introduced myself, as far as I can remember.

I have some pretty radical belief systems and this will come across some of the things I say, so be forewarned! I substitute, "I do" or "I am" for "I will" or "I am not." I use words like manifest and create in reference to reality. If I catch someone talking about how stressed out they are I will recommend meditation, and proceed to instruct them in the process.

As far as programming, the reason I am here of course, I am focused on refreshing my memory of C# from my college days (2004-2007) and moving to WPF from there, then on to XNA, DirectX or OpenGL. I have created a reality where I master C# and have written two programs, one being a GCS (Game Creation System.)

I then learn and master C++. Of course I could change the order here based on what books/materials or YouTube Video Tutorials I find to propel me along.

Part of this aforementioned reality I created, the primary, main part, is that I am a freelance computer artist. I work from home designing models, levels, etc. Perhaps architectural designs as well (BTW I designed the house and am living with my female counterpart as well as our children.) Programming is secondary. I believe an artist, a craftsman, has to have the very best tools in order to do their very best work. So mastering programming allows me, as a computer artist, to make whatever tools I want.

Understand that if you were to signal the Enterprise and ask to be beamed into my room you would see none of the things I have mentioned here. That's because these are realities I created and am manifesting. The manifestation process takes a lot of time and work. The things one creates immediately blink into existence. But this is on an energetic level and is intangible on this denser, physical level. Manifestation is the process of taking something energetic and making it physical or tangible or able to be interacted with.

I guess that should give you a pretty rough picture of who I am and how I am. One last thing I wish to mention is that I believe the best way to learn is to jump into the pool and start swimming. In other words I believe in project-based tutorials and books. A learn-as-you-go approach. I know, from personal experience, that this method works for others as well as myself. So I am constantly looking for project-based books and tutorials. Please feel free to PM me if you think of any. If you have any C# 2008 or C#2010 or C++ from 2000-present projected based books that you want to get rid of for dirt cheap (or free) again please feel free to email me. I am always looking for books!

Thanks for reading!
- DreamBliss

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A Strange Person Has Joined Your Forums!

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A Strange Person Has Joined Your Forums!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Welcome!

Part of this aforementioned reality I created, the primary, main part, is that I am a freelance computer artist. I work from home designing models, levels, etc. Perhaps architectural designs as well

Where's your online portfolio?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1