2 Replies - 3806 Views - Last Post: 07 January 2013 - 09:51 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Ruboto- JRuby on Android

Post icon  Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Version 0.10.1 has been released for Ruboto (JRuby on Android). How many of you all have used it or would consider using it? Other thoughts?

The Ruboto team is proud to announce the release of Ruboto 0.10.1.

Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full stand-alone apps for Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support libraries and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The complete APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby language.

New in version 0.10.1:

This release updates JRuby to version 1.7.1 and updates the RubotoCore platform apk significantly. The location of the Ruby Standard Library inside the RubotoCore platform apk has been moved to /jruby.home due to new restrictions set by Google Play Store. Also the manual download site for the RubotoCore platform apk has moved due to GitHub shutting down their download area.

https://github.com/r...0.1-release-doc

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Ruboto- JRuby on Android

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Ruboto- JRuby on Android

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

hi! i use it and its a great irb. i am still learning ruby so i dont know anything advanced enough to flush out a bug, but its definitly great for beginners. it also lets u save/run scripts
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Ruboto- JRuby on Android

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I've used it for quick one shot scripts and little tools on the go. As far as actually making android apps in it, I haven't bothered quite yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1