3 Replies - 647 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

They call me "limpylegs" - a somewhat strange 'ramble'

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hey folks,I'm new to the forum and I wanted to introduce myself without following your standard template primarily due to the fact that I'm just not a huge fan of throwing a bunch of personal information out there on the web.Sorry,I know this seems kind of lame to introduce yourself without actually 'introducing' yourself,but know that I do it in the best interest of self preservation.I will however indulge a little bit about me just for the sake of relieving the slight logical paradox that this may cause.(I mean seriously,how could anybody introduce themselves without actually introducing themselves in a thread meant to....)Well,sorry that was me rambling for a bit,I do that from time to time.What can I say? it's just in my nature to be a little socially awkward.It's for that reason,I think it would probably be best that we all just know LimpyLegs as some guy that sits behind his computer,or you can know me as just a 'mysterious' screen name if you wish.I'll leave the 'mental image' that you create for me entirely up to you,I don't even have to be a person if you don't want me to be,perhaps a :D sitting in front of a computer,somehow typing with no fingers..or possibly a Liger(for those of you that don't know you should watch napoleon dynamite...or you could just picture me as a twinkie...(hey why not?))

So anyway I'd like to say that I was referred to this website by a friend of mine that has demonstrated a somewhat remarkable talent that he has when it comes to the video game industry(a little 'Cliche' I know) and we got to talking and yaddya yaddya I ended up here in the hopes to learn.I'm more or less on a somewhat 'hobbyist' kind of learning curve but I don't want you to think that I'm not willing to learn,it's just I have a full time(actually,more than full-time) job driving truck.It's ok,you can ask me all the questions you'd like about this profession,nothing really offends me...just make sure to stay within the rules of the site while doing it :D

So anyway,I came here initially curious about C++ and possibly Java IF all goes well with the first.I would primarily be interested in sticking to 2D video games,and windows applications.I know I'll probably have to start small first with console applications first,but as long as I can develop the perspective on how important it is to learn the basics in order to reach my goal I think I'll do just fine.To be honest I've already been reading quite a few tutorials on this site and other resources,so that was kind of a lie,but not really a lie because I haven't written anything yet.What I would like to do is see if you guys can offer me some beginners exercises that will show me how to apply the code I've been learning,that would probably be the most helpful.I like to be 'practical' with what I'm learning,ya know?

Oh yeah,here or some basic interests -

Youtube
any kind of video game(except for WII,sorry WII lovers :(( )
Science!(I love history and discovery)
electronics(like how they work,not just buying them)
Comic books and related movies(yup,batman and avengers were the pinnacle of my life)
Lego's(don't hate you know you've been trying to justify $150 for that Halo Lego set :) )
Dirty Humor(probably not allowed on the site,but if you send me a funny dirty joke I probably won't report you for it,just saying)
Things that go boom
computers(yeah kind of an obvious one,but I figured I would list it just to make the list longer)
Craigslist rants and raves
Collectible toys
music(classic rock and heavy metal)

Yup,you read that list right,I'm the weird guy that people in the office makes fun of because nothing I ever bring up is ever interesting to them whatsoever.I have bobble heads at my desk,well that's kind of normal but some weird bobble heads...I won't really get into it.

If I haven't scared you off by now,HEY GREAT!!! awesome! +1 social status!!! If I have then this message isn't even important anyway because you probably didn't finish reading it,oh well =/

So yeah,that's me in a nutshell.Mr anonymous that puts up a bunch of weird stuff about himself for a bunch of strangers to read on the internet(did I mention I have a very sarcastic sense of humor? this was written to be slightly humorous....if I failed feel free to let me know)

.....................BYE :o

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: They call me "limpylegs" - a somewhat strange 'ramble'

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: They call me "limpylegs" - a somewhat strange 'ramble'

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code limpylegs! You might want to hold the rambling down to a minimum. We are the type of people who like to get to the point and answer some tough coding problems! But it is nice that you have such enthusiasm to be writing a long post like that.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay around the forums and if you have any questions, be sure to post it along with your code and we will do what we can to be of assistance. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

That's cool,I just need to do it at least once,ya know just to get it out of my system..... :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Welcome to Dream.in.Code, limpylegs! We look forward to seeing you become part of the community! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1