2 Replies - 746 Views - Last Post: 06 January 2013 - 08:45 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PROBLEM!how can i make a scrolable x-y grid graph in vb6.0?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

can ne1 tell me how to make a scrollable x-y coordinate grid graph using vb 6.0??? is there ne option to make a graph in vb 6.0?? or i will hav to make it in photoshop or something like that??? i just dnt have ne idea...i need sumthing like this...Posted Image
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PROBLEM!how can i make a scrolable x-y grid graph in vb6.0?

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PROBLEM!how can i make a scrolable x-y grid graph in vb6.0?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

This can't be stressed enough in today's world of cell phone messaging:
Don't use txt/sms/leet/T9 speak like: u no, u r, dnt, wut i m do-n, coz, al gud, b4, ny1, sum1, please and so on like this guy:

dis not b d'hood dawg... You are sitting at a real keyboard with a real monitor, not a cell phone. You are not here texting your high school posse to come to your kegger after their shift at Taco Bell. You are here asking for help from senior coding professionals who graciously donate their valuable time to helping the next generation of coders with their chosen craft. Please try to show them, yourself and the industry some respect by writing at least at an eighth grade level. (IE: English not ebonics or SMS, real words, punctuation and so on). If you can't take your own problem/question seriously enough to write like an adult, then why would you expect anyone else to take it seriously?

When you write a post you are presenting yourself. Your writing style is all you have to show others who you are and what you stand for. When I see posts filled with lack of capitalization, SMS text like 'Urself', lack of punctuation and so on; what I see is someone who just doesn't care to make even an eighth grade presentation of themselves. I also see that you feel we are not worth the effort. Posts that look like this show that you don't feel the person you are talking to is worth speaking to as an adult. If you show this level of contempt or apathy towards someone you are asking for help how can you expect to be taken seriously or expect to receive that expert's fullest attention and time to help you?

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 06 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PROBLEM!how can i make a scrolable x-y grid graph in vb6.0?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't know about doing this in out-of-date VB6. If you can move forward a couple decades to VB.NET then you could use the System.Drawing namespace to draw this grid. Most of the Panels in .NET have scrollbars so you don't have to handle that at all.

As I see it, it is primarily some loops.

The logic is simple enough:
Loop for 1 to 10
   Draw horizontal line
       Loop to end of line
          Draw vertical tick mark
          Increase offset
       end loop
   Increase offset
end loop

Loop for 1 to 10
   Draw vertical line
       Loop to end of line