2 Replies - 8786 Views - Last Post: 09 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Illustrator CS4 drawing tools keep reverting back to default

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hey there DIC community. Wasn't sure where to post this but as it's somewhat graphic design related I thought "why not here?". Anyway, the problem is that I've recently returned to graphic design work and learning a few more things about the software involved but I can't seem to get out of the starting blocks with Illustrator.

I draw a shape or a line, that's fine as I see the "path(s)" clearly created. The trouble starts when I try to draw a shape or line with a specified fill or stroke as it still reverts back to default (no fill, 1pt stroke in black). Funny thing is, the fills and strokes look exactly the way I want them in the 'Navigator' preview window, just not on the main artboard. I've tried googling so far but none of the answers I've come across have helped or worked and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing again but to no avail.

So does anyone know how to overcome this problem? I'm sure it's probably something simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out (it's been a while since I last dabbled with Illustrator). I'm using Illustrator CS4 on Windows. Cheers!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Illustrator CS4 drawing tools keep reverting back to default

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Illustrator CS4 drawing tools keep reverting back to default

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Never mind, I sorted it. Cheers guys(!).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Illustrator CS4 drawing tools keep reverting back to default

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Care to explain how?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +