1 Replies - 7081 Views - Last Post: 07 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What is the best mobile coupon redeeming method?

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I am working on an app which provides Entertainment Style Coupons for a particular niche. What methods have you guys used that seem to be the most popular in terms of redeeming the coupons?

Requirements:
- The coupon user must be able to present the coupon one time only (and they may not necessarily have internet access at that time or location).

-The coupon provider must have a way to verify the coupon is valid and has not been used before. Preferably this method can be done online from a PC and possibly from another smartphone.

My idea:

QR codes with additional passkey. The coupon user will have a list of all of their deals with the associated QR code that were downloaded when they download the app. The QR code contains a unique user ID for that person. Upon redeeming the coupon, the coupon user shows the QR code with passkey to the Coupon Provider and scans or types in the passkey to my website which verifies it is unique and unused.

Thats the best way I can come up with, but I have the feeling someone with more experience/brainpower might be able to shed some light on a simpler way?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What is the best mobile coupon redeeming method?

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What is the best mobile coupon redeeming method?

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

How are the coupons delivered to the consumer? You might be able to do something on that end.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1