2 Replies - 275 Views - Last Post: 08 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is there a way to combine asp.net into a .php frame work?

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hello I am wondering if there is any possibility in being able to insert a asp.net framework into a .php platform such as a cms like wordpress? If this is not possibly are there any good cms systems for asp.net? I am trying to build a website that provides charting capabilities and I am currently seeking out a robust enough system that can handle the compilation of many numbers to render a chart from them. I am also seeking programmers who can understand this and help to build this type of site. You can get an idea for what I am talking about by going to http://metalratios.com

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is there a way to combine asp.net into a .php frame work?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is there a way to combine asp.net into a .php frame work?

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hey. It's probably possible, but I wouldn't exactly advice it. Pick one or the other for each project. It'll make your work a lot simpler.

I wonder, though, why you don't just use PHP? By the sounds of it, you already have a PHP based website. It would seem simplest to just build on top of that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Is there a way to combine asp.net into a .php frame work?

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostAtli, on 09 January 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Hey. It's probably possible, but I wouldn't exactly advice it. Pick one or the other for each project. It'll make your work a lot simpler.

I wonder, though, why you don't just use PHP? By the sounds of it, you already have a PHP based website. It would seem simplest to just build on top of that.

I would actually prefer to just use PHP but the developer I am working with (who is my friend also) only knows asp.net

Thanks for the advise, you are right that makes good sense to just use one language. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1