3 Replies - 871 Views - Last Post: 14 January 2013 - 11:47 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Permission Error In VS 12 and Blend 12.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hey All
So recently i decided to start working on windows 8 apps. i was very enthusiastic at first but then an error showed up whenever i opened the designer in an XAML form. The error is some how related to permissions by administrator. I am using windows 8 64-bit and i have already wasted a lot of my time on this error.

System.Security.SecurityException

Designer could not be started because of a permissions issue on the drive to which it is installed. Please check the permissions of the folder before trying to start the designer.

at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateDesignerProcess(String applicationPath, String clientPort, Uri hostUri, IDictionary environmentVariables, Int32& processId, Object& processData)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain..ctor(ProcessDomainFactory factory, IIsolationBoundary boundary, AppDomainSetup appDomainInfo, FrameworkName targetFramework, String identifier, String baseDirectory)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)
at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedExportProvider.Initialize()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExpressionHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateExportProvider(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, ICatalogFactory catalogFactory, IExportFilter filter)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken)
at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClassa`1.<StartTask>b__6()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

I will be really really really Happy to know some working solution. :D

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Permission Error In VS 12 and Blend 12.

• Master(Of Foo)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Permission Error In VS 12 and Blend 12.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Did you try opening VS as admin?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Have you tried the googles?

maeneak Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:16 AM
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Post_HAWK_, on 11 January 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Did you try opening VS as admin?

sorry i was late
yeah i tried to do so as admin but no progress.

View Postmodi123_1, on 11 January 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Have you tried the googles?

maeneak Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:16 AM

yeah i have searched alot
the link you sent i had tried that method it worked for most but nor for evetyone !
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1