vb.net vs. vc++?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

20 Replies - 1086 Views - Last Post: 15 January 2013 - 11:54 AM Rate Topic: -----

• They're watching you, Neo!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: vb.net vs. vc++?

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

I suspected you meant user control in that way. I just wanted to understand what is the difference between the actual form and the implementation of such controls. You just pointed out one to me: compartmentalizing. Pretty fair :) once again, thanks, and i will put to practice all the above suggestions!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postrusoaica, on 15 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

whyle i have never used PropertyMangager, it seems interesting and i will definitely going to give it a chance!

You mistake me, I'm afraid. I was suggesting you write your own! That said, you should just need a Dictionary object a few helper functions. Please, please, please don't make me come back here and write VB.NET code. Only stuck my head in for the trek.

Didn't the Android tricorder get lawyered to death because of LCARS? CBS owns it and does enforce it. I'd be careful.

Also, the exe crashed in flames on my Windows 7 box. Had to reboot; nasty little thing wiped out the start menu.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 DarenR  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

wish i could see the code--- damn it people quit using off site image hosting for your posts...

why not have a file that stores all your calls
another file associated with each button
another file that stores your sql
etc

that way youre not bunching everyting up
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#19 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Also, the exe crashed in flames on my Windows 7 box. Had to reboot; nasty little thing wiped out the start menu.

A bit more adventurous than I.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• They're watching you, Neo!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

CBS owns Star Trek marks and items related to it, yes. But it was kind enough to let users use LCARS for NON-COMMERCIAL applications. That's why the Adroid tricorder had problems. Our project is open source, free to use and NOT for sale. So, we gain nothing but satisfaction and experience from it. Nothing to be complained from CBS :)
Now, got the idea, i know what you meant with the Dictionary object. Thanks for the starting point!
To both of you: i am terribly sorry if the application crashed and created any unpleasant situations. Because it is designed to replace Windows Explorer, it just kills its process. So, no need to restart, just hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, start task manager, run new task, explorer.exe and everything is back as it were. Despite the fact that i don't know why it would crush. All the users that tried it so far on multiple windows configurations didn't report any problems (except windows 98, which yes, made it crash).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#21 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Um, the Android Tricorder I'm thinking of was Open Source. More here: http://www.techdirt....-takedown.shtml

View Postmodi123_1, on 15 January 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

A bit more adventurous than I.

It does help to always run in VMware. Never worried about running new software; I roll the machine back regularly.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +