1 Replies - 416 Views - Last Post: 17 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I'm Wyvrin

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hello all,

I'm a 31 year old dad who works in a warehouse at Comcast doing college at night. I just finished my AS in Computer Science and I'm trying to use whatever time I can get between work and 4 kids and classes to improve upon my programming skills I've acquired in school. I have basic working knowledge of Java, VB, SQL, and networking as well as a somewhat intermediate knowledge of C++. I'm looking into finding a job for anyone who'll accept an AS and trying to break into the business. Not much success yet, but anyone who has suggestions I welcome them. I'm also looking into learning 2d rpg game programming due to my older two children insisting they believe I'm as good as RPG Maker. (I like the trust they have in me, but I'm definitely not that good yet).

I've actually been referring to D.I.C forums for awhile during my Java classes when I had a rough spot and found someone who had the same troubles so I already know this is a great community of people all around.

Wyvrin

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I'm Wyvrin

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I'm Wyvrin

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Welcome to the site! I take it you'll be going with C++ for the games then? If so you should look into OpenGL and Direct X. They to be the main choices for doing that stuff in C++. They both cover slightly different things, but there main areas overlap a bit. There could be uh.. easier, quicker options out there better suited to whatever you want to do, but I do most of my coding in C# and XNA, so that's all I know of.

Anyway, hope you continue to stick around, and good luck with the job hunt!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1