1 Replies - 1271 Views - Last Post: 17 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Programmer Portfolio Development

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hello all,

I'm not sure where to post this so if it gets moved I understand and sorry for picking wrong posting location ahead of time.
I'm looking for professional view on what kind of things a prospective employer would look for in a potential employees portfolio. Is there a degree of programming difficulty they seek, or a good example of a type of program that would show a degree of expertise to an employer. What I'm basically looking for opinions on is what kind of programs or code snippets would be best displayed in a programmers portfolio to best display the programmers ability, or if there are things to consider adding when posting a resume. I know free lance work is probably considered a good sign of ability, but I'd like the outlook of my many superiors in the community on the topic.

I appreciate the time you all give on the topic. Thank you.

Wyvrin

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Programmer Portfolio Development

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Programmer Portfolio Development

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

NO offense, but there are at least a dozen threads in this same forum asking the same question: What should I put in my portfolio?

If you do a search of this forum (use the search at the BOTTOM of the page) and look for 'portfolio' then another for "resume" I'm sure you'll see at least a few of those threads and get some good advice without asking everyone to repeat themselves - again.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1