2 Replies - 359 Views - Last Post: 18 January 2013 - 09:36 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Dynamically change content at run time or separate page

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hey all this is a design question for windows phone 7. I am creating an app for tourism and i will have several historic sites and i would like your opinion on how i should design a page / pages for each historic site. As the title suggests do you think i would be better to dynamically change content at run time based on the users selection or do you think it would be better to create a separate page for each historic site.

My opinion would be to change the content of a single page at run time based on the users selection as i think it would keep the size of the app down, however i am worried about loading the page each time would it use up more memory if i was to change the content at run time. Any advice that you think would be relevant would be grateful.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dynamically change content at run time or separate page

#2 _HAWK_  Icon User is online

• Master(Of Foo)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dynamically change content at run time or separate page

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

One idea is to leave it dynamic and store data in a database. Then you can add more sites as go and no coding changes since it's wired to a database.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dynamically change content at run time or separate page

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I wasn't aware that you could store a database inside the windows 7 phone can you?. I had thought of using the isolated storage in the phone but then i was worried that it would make the apps size to big.

I had also thought about using Windows Azure, so i could store the data there any then update the page at run time from the cloud but again i was worried about speed of transferring data from the cloud to the phone.

@ Hawk

I just found some information on how to use a local database :

http://www.windowsph...E)-Introduction

This post has been edited by m_wylie85: 18 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1