3 Replies - 1155 Views - Last Post: 12 December 2012 - 09:50 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Req: Live Statistics

Post icon  Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:24 AM

Hi,

I have an application that I know alot of people have downloaded, but I was wondering if there was a way to monitor or find out how many people are actually using the application, maybe something like a hit counter or something.

Or, if I add a form that displays a webpage, and in this webpage is a counter, would this work counting the visitors that open my application?

Not quite sure if this is possible or if there is a way for me to monitor the traffic of usage.

Further if I was change the logo I use and have it load up from my domain, would it be possible using vb and php or count how many times the logo is displayed or something like that?

Thank you.

Jf3000

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Req: Live Statistics

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Req: Live Statistics

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:10 AM

NO, you can not.

You can view how many people have download the program and you can ask them to validate that thay are humans and not scripts, but thats about it what you can do with php.

If you can edit the program, and if it uses internet to function, you can send data to count how many people are using it now(and/or to increase counter). This is nice functionality if you are makeing a game, p2p or somekind of a messager, but for other programs, it would be called spying ^-^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

View Postjf3000, on 24 Jul, 2007 - 12:24 AM, said:

Hi,

I have an application that I know alot of people have downloaded, but I was wondering if there was a way to monitor or find out how many people are actually using the application, maybe something like a hit counter or something.

Or, if I add a form that displays a webpage, and in this webpage is a counter, would this work counting the visitors that open my application?

Not quite sure if this is possible or if there is a way for me to monitor the traffic of usage.

Further if I was change the logo I use and have it load up from my domain, would it be possible using vb and php or count how many times the logo is displayed or something like that?

Thank you.

Jf3000

The easiest way to do something of this sort is have the software email you 1 time per user open software. Very..Very..Simple. If you need help let me know. Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hey buddy I got your message and I figured I could help you out. So basically you can do this by using email or remote sql without slowing down the application. If you want to track this via email it's a little harder to keep up with the count but it is very easy to implement. Do you have access to an smtp server?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1