12 Replies - 451 Views - Last Post: 19 January 2013 - 07:14 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Calculated Split()

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I have a data table that contains a field called "ProductNum". Row items have a product number like "N-006504-S".

So I can properly sort my on my column , I need to remove the "-" and sort on index 1 after the split.

Ideally, I'd like to do something like this.

Datatable dt;
Dt.columns.add("ProductnumSplit", typeof(string), "ProductNum.Split('-')[1]");

Builds of course, but doesn't work. Any Ideas on a work around?

Also, I apologize if there are any syntax issues, I'm not near a computer And am typing this from my iPad . (And it took 5 times longer too :) )

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Calculated Split()

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Calculated Split()

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

If the product numbers are of a set length I believe you could use:

Dt.columns.add("ProductnumSplit", typeof(string), "SUBSTRING(ProductNum, 2, 6)");

You could convert to integer but you would lose the leading zeroes.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 18 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

OK, I'm a total noob, but why not

ProductNum.Replace("-", "")

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

because the number 00000006 is really the number 6
Integer and other number data types don't store leading zeros, just values.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

View Postandrewsw, on 18 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

If the product numbers are of a set length I believe you could use:

Dt.columns.add("ProductnumSplit", typeof(string), "SUBSTRING(ProductNum, 2, 6)");

You could convert to integer but you would lose the leading zeroes.

Works perfect for my purpose. Thank you for the work around. +rep :)

View Postpharylon, on 18 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

OK, I'm a total noob, but why not

ProductNum.Replace("-", "")

Thanks for the contribution. Why this wouldn't work for my purpose is because I needed to get rid of the leading letter and the dash as well as the ending dash and letter.

For example, take "N-010012-S". I just needed the number striped out to look like "010012", where as the replace would make it N010012S.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

You might consider looking into Regular Expressions or RegEx. That way you can obtain everyting between the two hyphens easily without hardcoding the positioning of 2 and 6. Its nice to have your programs be dynamic and forward thinking so they continue to work uninterupted even when the guy changing the database or numbering system goes from
N-010012-S to N-123456789987654312-S

It looks really good to your boss when they walk up to you and have this exchange:

Boss: You need to make some changes to your program to accommade the new numbering scheme.
Developer: No problem. I'm already done. The program doesn't care how many digits are between the hyphens.

For this reason you probably want to make a method
string GetPartNumber(string LongerCode)
{
   // Do all the stripping and formatting here
   return justThePartNumber;
}

This way you don't have 100 places in your code that does the extraction. We never duplicate purpose if we can avoid it. Using a method to do this means you only have to make changes in one place if the scheme ever got more complex like N-AS-1564-F00-BARR
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Great long term solution. I've only seen regex validation in some already written code, so this will be new for me to explore. Based on some quick googling, it seems pretty easy and straight forward. Thanks for the alternate solution. :)

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 19 January 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

You might consider looking into Regular Expressions or RegEx. That way you can obtain everyting between the two hyphens easily without hardcoding the positioning of 2 and 6. Its nice to have your programs be dynamic and forward thinking so they continue to work uninterupted even when the guy changing the database or numbering system goes from
N-010012-S to N-123456789987654312-S

It looks really good to your boss when they walk up to you and have this exchange:

Boss: You need to make some changes to your program to accommade the new numbering scheme.
Developer: No problem. I'm already done. The program doesn't care how many digits are between the hyphens.

For this reason you probably want to make a method
string GetPartNumber(string LongerCode)
{
   // Do all the stripping and formatting here
   return justThePartNumber;
}

This way you don't have 100 places in your code that does the extraction. We never duplicate purpose if we can avoid it. Using a method to do this means you only have to make changes in one place if the scheme ever got more complex like N-AS-1564-F00-BARR

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

it seems pretty easy

This made me smile. When you get to things like:

(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:(?:(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?: \r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:( ?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\0 31]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\ ](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+ (?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z |(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])*)*\<(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\ r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )*))*(?:,@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])* )(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*) *:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)?(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+ |\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r \n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?: \r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t ]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031 ]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\]( ?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(? :(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(? :\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(? :(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)? [ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:(?:(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]| \\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<> @,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|" (?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\ ".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(? :[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[ \]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000- \031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|( ?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*\<(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,; :\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([ ^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\" .\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\ ]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*(?:,@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\ [\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\ r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\] |\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)*:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)?(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \0 00-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\ .|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@, ;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(? :[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])* (?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\". \[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[ ^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\] ]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:,\s*( ?:(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\ ".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:( ?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[ \["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t ])*))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t ])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(? :\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+| \Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?: [^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\ ]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*\<(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\[" ()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n) ?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<> @,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*(?:,@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@, ;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t] )*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\ ".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)*:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)? (?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\". \[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?:(?: \r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\[ "()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]) *))*@(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t]) +|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\ .(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?:(?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z |(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?:( ?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)?;\s*)

to validate an email it isn't quite so :). But yes, for simple expressions it is pretty straight-forward.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 19 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

What in the name of Kahless is all that? Just to validate an email address?

public static bool IsEmailAddress(String pattern)
        {
            Regex objNotWholepatternn = new Regex(@"([\w-\.]+)@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.)|(([\w-]+\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)");
            return objNotWholepatternn.IsMatch(pattern);
        }

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

He, he. I am not, of course!, offering a recommendation for that expression. It was exaggeration for effect: hyperbole :)

Although, the largest regex I have created is still fairly large:

<snippet>
   <content><![CDATA[/* ${1} ${1/.*(\.)$|.*/?1::\n/}${1/($)|.*(?:^| )((b)|(c)|(d)|(e)|(f)|(h)|(l)|(m)|(o)|(p)|(q)|(r)|(t)|(v)|(w)|(z)).?$|.*/?1:Type to for top etc, followed by a space:?3:BAckground-Attach etc BOTtom BOrder-Collapse-Spacing-Bottom\(Color\/Style\/Width\) etc BC BS BW:?4:CLear CLIp COlor CONtent CUrsor Counter-Inc-Reset Caption-Side:?5:DIsplay DIRection:?6:Empty-Cells:?7:FOnt F-Family-SI\/ST\/W\/V FLoat:?8:HEight:?9:LEft LEtter-Spacing Line-Height List-Style I\/P\/T:?10:MArgin T\/R\/B\/L MAx\/MIn-Height\/Width:?11:OUtline-Color-Style-Width OVerflow:?12:PAdding T\/R\/B\/L POsition-Abs\/Rel\/Fixed\/Static:?13:QUotes:?14:RIght:?15:TOp TExt-Align\/D\/I\/T:?16:Vertical-Align VIsibility:?17:WHite-space WIdth WOrd-spacing:?18:Z-Index/i}${1/($)|.*(?:\b| )((baa)|(bap)|(bar)|((b[trbl]?s)|(ous))|(b[trbl]?w|ouw)|(boc)|(cl)|(cu)|(cs)|(dir)|(di)|(ec)|(fl)|(fsi)|(fst)|(fv)|(fw)|((bot|to|le|ri|he|wi|mat|mar|mab|mal|ma)|(mah|maw)|mih|miw|pa[trbl]?|tei)|((lh)|ls)|(lsi)|(lsp)|(lst)|(ov)|(po)|(tea)|(ted)|(tet)|(va)|(vi)|(wh)|(wo)|(zi))( |_[a-z0-9-]{0,8})$|.*/?3:attachment\: fixed scroll:?4:left center right bottom center top:?5:repeat no-repeat repeat-x repeat-y:?6:style\: dashed dotted double groove inset outset ridge solid none(?7: hidden):?9:width\: thin thick medium:?10:collapse separate:?11:left right both:?12:default pointer crosshair move *-resize text wait help progress auto:?13:top bottom:?14:ltr rtl:?15:inline inline-block list-item run-in table-cell-column-row -header-footer -group none:?16:show hide:?17:left right none:?18:smaller larger x\(x\)-small-large medium:?19:italic oblique normal:?20:small-caps normal:?21:bold bolder lighter normal xxx:?22:length percentage(?23: auto:?24: none):?25:length percentage (?26:number )normal:?27:none:?28:inside outside:?29:disc circle square decimal-leading-zero lower-upper-greek-latin-roman armenian georgian:?30:visible hidden scroll auto:?31:absolute relative fixed static:?32:left center right justify:?33:underline overline line-through blink none:?34:uppercase lowercase capitalize none:?35:baseline sub super top text-top middle bottom text-bottom length percentage:?36:visible hidden collapse:?37:nowrap pre pre-wrap pre-line normal:?38:length normal:?39:integer auto/gi} */$0${1/\\|\.$|(?:\b| )((ba((a)|(c)|(i)|(p)|(r))?)|(bot)|(bo((c)|(s))?)|(((bb)|(bl)|(br)|(bt)|b)((c)|(s)|(w))?)|(cli)|(con)|(co)|(cu)|(cl)|(c((i)|(r)))|(cs)|(dir)|(di)|(ec)|((ff)|(fsi)|(fst)|(fv)|(fw)|fo)|(fl)|(he)|(les)|(le)|(lh)|(ls((i)|(p)|(t))?)|(((ma)|(mi))((h)|(w)))|(((ma)|(pa))((b)|(l)|(r)|(t))?)|(ou((c)|(s)|(w))?)|(ov)|(po(?:(a)|(r)|(f)|(s))?)|(qu)|(ri)|(to)|(?:te((a)|(d)|(i)|(t)))|(va)|(vi)|(wh)|(wi)|(wo)|(zi)|(!)|([0-9]*)(cm|em|ex|in|mm|pt|pc|px|\%)(?:(4)|3)(!)?)( |_|\.|$)|( {2,}|\t)/?2:;\nbackground(?4:-attachment:?5:-color:?6:-image:?7:-position:?8:-repeat)\: :?9:;\nbottom\: :?10:;\nborder(?12:-collapse:?13:-spacing)\: :?14:;\nborder(?16:-bottom:?17:-left:?18:-right:?19:-top)(?21:-color:?22:-style:?23:-width)\: :?24;\nclip\: :?25:;\ncontent\: :?26:;\ncolor\: :?27:;\ncursor\: :?28:;\nclear\: :?29:;\ncounter-(?31:increment:?32:reset)\: :?33:;\ncaption-side\: :?34:;\ndirection\: :?35:;\ndisplay\: :?36:;\nempty-cells\: :?37:;\nfont(?38:-family:?39:-size:?40:-style:?41:-variant:?42:-weight)\: :?43:;\nfloat\: :?44:;\nheight\: :?45:;\nletter-spacing\: :?46:;\nleft\: :?47;\nline-height\: :?48:;\nlist-style(?50:-image:?51:-position:?52:-type)\: :?53:;\n(?55:max:?56:min)(?58:-height:?59:-width):?60:;\n(?62:margin:?63:padding)(?65:-bottom:?66:-left:?67:-right:?68:-top)\: :?69:;\noutline(?71:-color:?72:-style:?73:-width)\: :?74:;\noverflow\: :?75:;\nposition\: (?76:absolute:?77:relative:?78:fixed:?79:static):?80:;\nquotes\: :?81:;\nright\: :?82:;\ntop\: :?83:;\ntext(?84:-align:?85:-decoration:?86:-indent:?87:-transform)\: :?88:;\nvertical-align\: :?89:;\nvisibility\: :?90:;\nwhite-space\: :?91:;\nwidth\: :?92:;\nword-spacing\: :?93:;\nz-index\: :?94: !important:?95:$95$96 $96 $96(?97: $96)(?98: !important)/gi};
]]></content>
   <tabTrigger>propx</tabTrigger>
   <scope>source.css  meta.property-list.css</scope>
   <description>po to, etc</description>
</snippet>

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 19 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

What in the name of Kahless is all that? Just to validate an email address?

public static bool IsEmailAddress(String pattern)
        {
            Regex objNotWholepatternn = new Regex(@"([\w-\.]+)@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.)|(([\w-]+\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)");
            return objNotWholepatternn.IsMatch(pattern);
        }

That's the regex to validate email addresses against the RFC spec. Most other short ones are "good enough" in that they'll catch 99% of valid email addresses. That unholy abomination of a regex is never necessary, but it's the most "correct".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

unholy abomination is right.
Before using that monster I would just programmatically send an email thanking the subject for their {order/subscription/membership}. If the mail fails then I ask them to re-enter. That confirms not only the format validity but the actual existence of the addy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yes, contrary to the monstrosity that I posted, I would just look for an at-sign @ and a few characters. The only true way to confirm an email address is to await confirmation of its receipt.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1