1 Replies - 3259 Views - Last Post: 19 January 2013 - 08:18 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Crystal Report on Windows 7 64 bit.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Hello Sir/Madam
I have a project in VB.NET which is based on HPMS. In this project there are lots of reports.Its work fine.. When i run this project on 32 bit operating system its work fine and print reports but whenever i want to run this project on windows7(64bit) operating system. then my print button not works (it means when i click this button nothing happen).
1.. I have also build this project on x86 platform

2.. I have reference of
crystaldecision.crystalreport.engine
crystaldecision.design
crystaldecision.ReportSource
crystaldecision.Shared

What Should i do to run This project on Windows7 (64bit) operating System.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Crystal Report on Windows 7 64 bit.

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Crystal Report on Windows 7 64 bit.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Set the project build to compile for x86 instead of 'any CPU'.
That way you build a 32 application. It should give you a 32bit app even on a 64 bit OS.

After that, you should probably be doing more testing and debugging on other versions of the OS. I strongly suggest installing VMware or some other virtualization technology on your development PC so you can create a couple virtual computers for testing. This would allow you to debug and test inside: WinXP32, XP64, Vista, Win7x32, Win7x64... etc. without having to actually have 5 physical PC's. Visual Studio will let you send the debug directly into one of these virtual machines so you can watch it operate, check its variables, see the crashes and so on just as if it were debugging on your real machine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1