2 Replies - 374 Views - Last Post: 20 January 2013 - 12:10 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Im looking for a laptop for video game programming?

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong topic area. I am starting video game programming and looking for a laptop to use for it, the desktop I am using now isn't mine and doesn't have enough space on it.I want to get a laptop so I can take it with me whenever I need to go somewhere, though I cant spend over 600$ unless I wait another year and save up. I was wondering if anyone knows any good laptops or brands, they don't even have to be good. As long as they work for programming and is able to support shader model 3.0 that would be great and much appreciated.I was looking for laptops when I came across this one and was wondering if it would be okay? Thanks so much, I don't know much about requirements as I am only 13. Thanks for the help :bigsmile:/>
http://www.target.co...page.vertical_1

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Im looking for a laptop for video game programming?

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Im looking for a laptop for video game programming?

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Anyone will do really, but I'm concerned about its integrated Intel graphics.

Look to a laptop with nVidia or ATI chipsets to adequately support DX10/11.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Im looking for a laptop for video game programming?

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

For your price range I would suggest looking into an Acer. They have a bad reputation for horrible customer service and shoddy build quality (this is just what I've heard I've never owned one). Look for a laptop with a decent CPU and a discreet graphics card. Stay away from integrated graphics, they are not made for gaming and thus not made for developing games. You could however, take that 600$ and just build a desktop with better hardware, but if you're like me you would prefer to have a laptop (actually, my school's Computer Science department requires us to own a laptop).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1