1 Replies - 321 Views - Last Post: 22 January 2013 - 07:05 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to convert vb application to work online

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Hi all,

It's my first question in this forum...just read a response to another guy that helped me a lot.

I am working for some project in my university and they asked me to make an application in vb.net. Then I had to save different data for every user in order to check his own work, so I used SQL management studio to import some information to arrays there.

The big problem that I face now, it that they would like to work this project online, so as users can open it through their website. I have no idea if all the code I wrote in vb.net and connections between VISUAL studio and SQL studio could be transfered online ? Maybe I could convert most of them so as to run the project online.

Can anyone help me ????
I would really appreciate every advice or help !!! I am searching for a solution so as not to lose my project( that I almost finshed ).

Thans in advance !!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to convert vb application to work online

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to convert vb application to work online

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Well you have one major option - make an ASP.NET webpage that functions similar to your desktop app.

Though I am not sure what " it that they would like to work this project online" means. Do you mean the app, you created, connects to an online database, or do you want the app in a webpage?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1