3 Replies - 1517 Views - Last Post: 25 January 2013 - 11:46 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Page layout

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hello I've seen this layout in certain websites where the page's <body> width and height are fixed to the actual screen or monitor size and when you scroll 'down' or 'up' only the <div> centered inside the <body> scrolls not the <body> itself.
I dunno if anyone can understand my explanation but I want to implement something like that but do not know how and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I use visual studio 2012 with c#.Hello I've seen this layout in certain websites where the page's <body> width and height are fixed to the actual screen or monitor size and when you scroll 'down' or 'up' only the <div> centered inside the <body> scrolls not the <body> itself.
I dunno if anyone can understand my explanation but I want to implement something like that but do not know how and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I use visual studio 2012 with c#.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Page layout

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Page layout

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

If you are talking about an image as body background and content scrolling then you need to use the
background-attachment:fixed
CSS style for the body tag.

Regards,
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Give us an Example of what you're talking about. It could be what maxrock said, or you could be talking about a scrollable div which would be just setting a height of the div and then setting overflow-y:scroll;
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

View Postrgfirefly24, on 25 January 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Give us an Example of what you're talking about. It could be what maxrock said, or you could be talking about a scrollable div which would be just setting a height of the div and then setting overflow-y:scroll;

Thank you both for your help, i tried maxrock's solution and apparently that was what i was looking for, so problem solved, thanks alot. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1