3 Replies - 329 Views - Last Post: 23 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating an experience gauge then increasing rank usinh php and mysql

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Ok my idea is to create a gaming clan website in which when people complete 10 matches they go up a rank. I'm new to this and not sure how I could implement such a feature into my database so that it would increase onto the next rank when XP is at 10/10 (it would then need to be reset as well back to 0/10) any ideas? I do have a members table and I'm going to set up a rank table listing all possible ranks. On the webpage I would like it to retrieve and display 1/10, 2/10 ... as they are awarded points.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating an experience gauge then increasing rank usinh php and mysql

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Creating an experience gauge then increasing rank usinh php and mysql

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

It sounds like a pretty benign php read from the database... and insert/update to the database when a match is over. We have tutorials on this sort of stuff here!

I don't know what a "match" consists of - so do you want this tied to someone else's game or is this just a user entry form?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

basically the guy that hosts the match for the clan can record who was in it and give them a point. I know I could up update and display it to the users but how would I get it to update the ranks, maybe using an sql trigger?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Either have a nightly job that does the updating for you or a simple tagged on stored procedure that is 'update rank' that is called each time you update/insert data.. I can't fathom it running more than a second to update all the ranking data.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1