2 Replies - 301 Views - Last Post: 24 January 2013 - 08:19 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

want to interface two PC using VB.NET through USB

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

hey...
can any one guide me for interfacing two PCs using VB.NET through USB.I have a little bit knowledge about VB.NET.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: want to interface two PC using VB.NET through USB

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: want to interface two PC using VB.NET through USB

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Do you realize that it requires some circuitry between the two PCs? There are so-called A-A cables that are just regular cables with two A connectors, but with no adapter electronics inside, but these can damage your computer, because they connect things that are not meant to be connected.

There are special cables available, and you should research this carefully before proceeding. You will also need to have drivers for the job. Once you have all that, you should consuult the documentation for the driver to see what is involved with communicating.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea. You would be better off, and find it a lot easier to use a 'crossover' ethernet cable, which will let you connect two computers in a widely supported manner that is identical to a standard LAN.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: want to interface two PC using VB.NET through USB

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postlar3ry, on 24 January 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

There are special cables available, and you should research this carefully before proceeding. You will also need to have drivers for the job. Once you have all that, you should consuult the documentation for the driver to see what is involved with communicating.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea. You would be better off, and find it a lot easier to use a 'crossover' ethernet cable, which will let you connect two computers in a widely supported manner that is identical to a standard LAN.

The special cable lar3ry mentions. Most of these bridged cables come with their own software so you don't need to worry about drivers, and in my experience are safe to use. Unbridged cables however are potentially dangerous, don't use em.

Ethernet crossover cables are also nice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1