2 Replies - 403 Views - Last Post: 25 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New here!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hey there, I've been browsing around for a programming forum community to be apart of and it seems this may just be the best. I'm glad to be here and can't wait to see the experiences and knowledge I gain while I'm part of D.I.C, if you want to talk to me send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I can.

I suppose I should explain a little bit about my programming background.. Well back when I was 13 (6 years ago) I decided I wanted to be a game programmer and did and kept trying to get in. I loved the code and the challenge and even though my resources, support and funds were low I had no doubt it's what I wanted to do. Lately I've accepted that I tried to learn the wrong way so I'm kinda doing a knowledge reboot, I hardly know anything about programming because all those years I was more focused on making games then programming but I do know a couple loops, how to store data, what a scope is and how to write a hello world program by heart.

I still am aiming to become a game programmer but I realize the only way to get there is to learn to program first! I know a small amount of C# and that is the language I am currently dedicated too and the one I've decided to start with, so...

I'm glad to be here!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New here!

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New here!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code ChristianGamer! Unfortunately the trap you fell into is what a lot of aspiring game developers fall into. They try to jump directly into designing a game without really knowing anything about what it takes to actually build one through programming. But have no fear, it sounds like you are on the right track now.

I hope these forums help you on your journey towards your dream. If you have any questions, just post your code along with it and we will do what we can to help you through.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: New here!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, I found that out later... I'm just glad I didn't give up like most game programmers! Thanks a lot and I'll definitely ask around and look up any information when I need it, right now I'm gliding in to methods and method parameters and it's going quite well :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1