2 Replies - 991 Views - Last Post: 27 January 2013 - 11:03 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Prevent sleep allow screen saver

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Hi I need to allow the screen saver and prevent sleep I am projecting my pc to LCD TV I dont want to burn the image into the TV. I am designing a Andon system for work where if all units are running I need to allow the screen saver and prevent the log off screen. I tried through the control panel but it seemed to alawys log off I found this code on the web that prevents sleep mode but also disables the screen saver. I am using windows 7 and windows 8 the production machiune is windows 8.

'This function queries or sets system-wide parameters, and updates the user profile during the process.

<DllImport("user32", EntryPoint:="SystemParametersInfo", CharSet:=CharSet.Auto, SetLastError:=True)> _
      Private Shared Function SystemParametersInfo(ByVal uAction As Integer, ByVal uParam As Integer, ByVal lpvParam As String, ByVal fuWinIni As Integer) As Integer
    End Function
    Private Const SPI_SETSCREENSAVETIMEOUT As Int32 = 15

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick

'Sets the screen saver time-out value to the 
        'value of the uiParam parameter. This value is the amount of time, 
        'in seconds, that the system must remain idle before the screen saver activates. 
        'So, if you set it 30, it will suspend the screensaver & Power Off features for 30 minutes
        SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETSCREENSAVETIMEOUT, 30, 0, 0)

End Sub

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Prevent sleep allow screen saver

• Coding Geezer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Prevent sleep allow screen saver

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

Perhaps you could write your own program that prvents sleep, and also supplies a full-screen, moving display that takes the place of, and does the same job preventing burn-in.

Be aware, though, that preventing sleep, whether it is done with your program, or by the OS, leaves the machine without a lock screen, and anyone will be able to access it.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Prevent sleep allow screen saver

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

In Windows 7 or Windows 8 use the run command and type netplwiz, select the user, uncheck users must enter a username and password. you will need to enter your password before leaving to verify you are that user. Being as I have the PC this is totaly acceptable use at your own risk as Lar3ry states above it could leave you vulnerable to attacks. Thanks Lar3ry i appreciate your help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1