1 Replies - 875 Views - Last Post: 28 January 2013 - 12:25 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

AST.NET Web site Error

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

have a classic ASP website and need to add a site feature that requires the ability to add ASP.NET DLL files. My hosting is enabled for ASP.NET. I created an ASP.NET/bin directory but the following line <%@ Register Assembly="LouderVoiceCustomControls" Namespace="LouderVoiceCustomControls" TagPrefix="ldv1" %> is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error

I have tried:

- Go to menu Tools/Internet Options in your IE.
- Click on the Advanced tab, uncheck "Show friendly HTTP error messages" option and click Ok.
- Try accessing your web page again. Now you will see much more meaningful error message which will help you to troubleshoot the problem.

Please help!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: AST.NET Web site Error

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: AST.NET Web site Error

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yuck, adding .DLLs to a classic ASP site. You're going to need to do some research on COM Interoperability. I'll provide you with some links and basic guidance, but in the end (in my limited experience) it's a bit of a pain and you'll still have to do your own research.

I'll skip the part about making your code COM ready, because I don't know if you own the .DLL or not. If you don't, you have to make sure it is ready for COM Interop or, AFAIK, it won't work. If it is your code, post as such and I'll add that part.

Once you've added the .DLL to your code (just like you would any other reference), you'll have to get on the web server. You have to drop that code into the Global Assembly Cache, or GAC (C:\Windows\assembly), run regasmfrom the command line (go to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 and type 'regasm' plus the path to your .DLL); then you have to add it to Component Services on the web server.

And none of this even covers calling it from within the site's code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1