Corruption of the american child (on fox)

How right they are.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

38 Replies - 1765 Views - Last Post: 02 April 2002 - 07:18 AM

• Information Designer
  • member icon

• View blog

Corruption of the american child (on fox)

Posted 28 March 2002 - 07:31 PM

Oh my god. Is anyone watching this? I'm only 16, but I still agree with almost every point they have made. (all but a few w/ marilin manson and R-movies)

They are so right, and all the people they are interviewing are totally trying to counterargue their point, and failing.

Have you ever seen a 5th grader singing rap songs 4-letter-words and all, and waving his hand around like he has a gun. God dayum, I'm not afraid of the quiet kids blowing up the school, I'm fuckin afraid of the 10yr old rap-loving kids that thing dealin drugs and shooting people is the only way to become a famous rapper.

I may sound like a fuckin grandma here, but ####, why the fuck does all popular music hafta be based on drugs, violence, cussing, prostitution, and more violence.

Personaly, when I'm listening to music, the tunes only make up 1/2 of the appriciation of the song. The lyrics are equally powerful to me. When I hear "and i'm gunna fucking shoot my mom, and deal fuckin cocane, but roll it in flour first so I can get shot" holy shit, that turns me off of the music and bashes my vibe so fast, it's not even funny. This is the sole reason I can't listen to rap. As well as most popular 'rock' such as ICP etc. It's fuckin unnessicary, and It's not entertaining.

I personally REALLY enjoy the tunes of radiohead, smashing pumpkins, john mayer, weezer, etc. because they rarely cuss, and when they do, there's a #### good reason. And their lyrics are normaly upbeat, and ALWAYS thought-provoking and tell some sort of entertaining story.

The only exception I have to this is Marilin Manson, I'm still not that big of a fan of the lyrics: 'we're all desposible teens' etc. But he truly is an artist, and he has build a hardcore image, that's REALLY creative, and makes sweet videos. Unlike rap videos, which are all about sex and drugs, and metal teeth (WTF is with that anyway? I see kids at school who but fawking aluminum gum wrappers on their teeth!). Don't get me wrong, looking at a hundred chicks with nothing on but a thong is hardcore, but I would rather see something artful, and creative.

I know this is a rant. It's supposed to be cuz I'm fuckin ranting.

This is a very split opinion among teens (most against my views) but I thought I'd share my opinon, and hopefully bash your mind untill your's falls out too (in the form of a post paleese :)) I'd like to see where everyone stands on this issue.

[eko]

btw. Luke: You think I should clean this up and turn it into an OO?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Corruption of the american child (on fox)

• goat.face

• View blog

Re: Corruption of the american child (on fox)

Posted 28 March 2002 - 07:38 PM

hmm. personally, i agree, though not on everything.  im not going to go deep into it, but the 10yr old rapping part is really scary. seriously. im all for free-expression, but flagrant being violent and other stuff is way out. i think that the 'grown-up' rappers actually know what they are doing, but the little ones are just trying to get in it to be cool and make the big money. now it seems thats what music is about nowadays, at least most mainstream stuff, especially rap. early rap was about the music, and if you listen to it, its good stuff. and i mean, old-school stuff like 3 6 mafia, well, its really hardcore rap, but i still like it. i dont care as much about the lyrics unless im listening to something that i want to jam to. when i listen to rap, its all about the beat. i guess that's where ima end it...

-pete

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2002 - 09:22 PM

you're absolutely right on the mark there, eko.  that thing with the 5th grade rapping kids is really disturbing.  i can't believe stuff like that is f*cking up our generation.

like eko, i like music based on the lyrics as well as the beat.  if something says "i'm gonna kill my mother and rape my sister, then get high" then i think it's crap.  there's always so much anger, rage and hatred in that music.  Also, i don't like groups like ICP and Manson with their worthless rant and sickening lyrics.  there's a lot of sick freaks in this country, and unfortunitly a lot of them get their messages out through music.  yes, freedom of speech and express, they can publish what they want, but presonally, a lot of that rapping s*it and even some rock like ICP and Manson makes me sick!

i guess i'm starting to rant like eko was, but i find this disturbing.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dream.In.Force

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2002 - 09:26 PM

Please.

It comes down to how well the kid is brought up! Those folks that are supose to be around.... Ah yes, family and friends have by far more impression on some one than any form of media. The only reason such media would effect some one in such a way is if:

• A) They are mental.

or
  • B) They weren't surrounded with the good role models, morals, and/or love they should have been.
People need to stop blaming the freak'n TV, Radio, Guns, Drugs, Video Games, and such. They have nothing to do with the moral fiber of anyone! Look at the real problem, blame the parents!

(Edited by SlashRaid at 11:28 pm on Mar. 28, 2002)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2002 - 09:39 PM

well it all really comes down to that... who's to blame: parents or the media?  each would make arguments supporting their clause, and since every case is different, there is no real answer.  i personally think that the media is partially at fault.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XpiratecoreX

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2002 - 10:09 PM

ok i'm actually posting something above the third grader level i usually hover at around here so bare with me (or just dont read it)

blah blah blah. nature vs. nuture, media and peer pressure vs. family values. personally i think its all crap. in a society where you have millions upon millions of people having to co-habitate the same land mass with one another and it seems like they're all breeding at the same time, there will be the nutcases, sociopaths and other wise fucked up individuals. the media is a product of the peoples wants which is a product of the media in this vicious loop that is never ending. those who cant/dont conform to the loop do so either b/c their mentally incapable of living in society and adhering to its rules or they have a perception of society that allows for a moral, philisophical and sociological P.O.V that goes against the socially acceptable. these people are the Robert crumbs and david lynchs of the world. whatever comes out of their fucked up heads is intriguing and provocative to the rest of us "normal" folk because it doesnt follow the rules of what is and isnt proper.

The rappers just take it in a different direction and take what is explicitly unacceptable in polite society and glamorize it. of course people are going to be drawn to <insert famous rapper here> just like they'd be fascinated by Crumb or Lynch b/c its not "acceptable"

it doesnt matter if its the rappers fault of the kids parents fault, b/c there is nothing to blame anyone about. sex and violence have been around forever and just b/c one dude with metal teeth starts shouting it from the rooftops everyone goes into a tizzy, not cos its original but nobodys supposed to talk about it. sure the product is glossy and is cranked out by the bazillions by the record industry, film industry whatever but its not corrupt decadant alien objects. its the everyday crap floating around in peoples heads and the industry is captializing on what we've grown to accept as human nature (the need for sex, pleasure from violence etc.) so all these housewives, southern baptist preachers and senators daughters need to get their panties untwisted b/c you cant fight what people have been following since the start of the evolutionary cycle

5th graders are singing about getting drunk and going to a strip club *gasp* too fucking bad. back in the dark ages they'd either be worked to death as a serf  (ie white slavery) or married if they were lucky enough to be upperclass. yeah soceity standards have changed but theres no such thing as good or bad when it comes to humanity.

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2002 - 10:18 PM

well jain, of course these problems have been around for a long time, but i find it disturbing that they're glamorizing it and saying that "it's so f*cking great"... :none:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2002 - 10:24 PM

slashy and jain covered pretty much everything i think. bravo. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Information Designer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 05:16 AM

Quote: from SlashRaid on 11:26 pm on Mar. 28, 2002
  • B) They weren't surrounded with the good role models, morals, and/or love they should have been.

Imagine you're 12yrs old, and your self-determined goal for life is to become a rapper. You're 12, It doesn't matter how much your parents love you, you want to do whatever the fuck you want. You want to be a rapper, so you try to figure out how jayZ or 2PAC did it. by watching thier videos, and listening to the music, you learn, that by dealing drugs, being in gangs, and raping women, you can become a famous rapper.

Fuck, If I were 12, I would believe that. and I wouldn't listen to my parents.

True, parents can stop them, but not that fast.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 05:49 AM

Quote: from Michael87 on 11:22 pm on Mar. 28, 2002
you're absolutely right on the mark there, eko.  that thing with the 5th grade rapping kids is really disturbing.  i can't believe stuff like that is f*cking up our generation.

like eko, i like music based on the lyrics as well as the beat.  if something says "i'm gonna kill my mother and rape my sister, then get high" then i think it's crap.  there's always so much anger, rage and hatred in that music.  Also, i don't like groups like ICP and Manson with their worthless rant and sickening lyrics.  there's a lot of sick freaks in this country, and unfortunitly a lot of them get their messages out through music.  yes, freedom of speech and express, they can publish what they want, but presonally, a lot of that rapping s*it and even some rock like ICP and Manson makes me sick!

i guess i'm starting to rant like eko was, but i find this disturbing.

Yes, listen to a nice wholesome group like GWAR!  seriously, there is some funny, funny shit in there (sodamizing midgets & parapalegics, shoving hot pokers up the popes ass... <voice="johnny carson">'some wild & crazy stuff</voice>)

the difference *is* that there is no way to take GWAR seriously (or any one else 'hardcore').  shit, are you gonna be worried that a 5th grader is gonna go rape a toddler 'cause he hear GWAR sing: "Mommies, I'm love with your babies; gag that brat & then maybe, I'll suck out his brains!" (actually, i doubt that anyone under 13 has ever been subjected to GWAR, you just don't hear much about them (unless it's when their on 'Jerry Springer' (only time I've seen it, honestly; gotta friend who's recorded *every* JS/GWAR show))).  

its the new circus & as long as you remember that the clowns are just people (no pun) then its all good. that being said, there needs to be more bleach at the icp/gangbanger end of the pool (same for those who think KMDFM/NIN/Front.242/Rob.Zombie make you kill your school; they're saying something atleast borderline decent (in the above mentioned David Lynch sense)).

i'm not gonna start on movies, 'cause i didn't even mean to <rant> in the first place...

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 07:23 AM

I agree, alot of rap is corrupting people's mind these days.  They hear "kill" "guns" "drugs" and because that's what everyone listens to, they gotta be just like they heros(the rappers)  I find it kinda of funny that 99% of even high schools "gangstas" couldn't make it on the street for one day.  They'd go home to there mom's for drug money, or they rich grandma for rent money.  Nobody undertands anything.  I just would love to see a jailed x-gang member to come into a school.  All the kids would cheer for him, and I would laugh when he cusses them out and tells them how stupid they are, how they don't have any clue what they're trying to be.  I hate stupid people, and even worse, I hate fake people.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XpiratecoreX

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 08:55 AM

Quote: from objekt404 on 7:49 am on Mar. 29, 2002

Yes, listen to a nice wholesome group like GWAR!  seriously, there is some funny, funny shit in there (sodamizing midgets & parapalegics, shoving hot pokers up the popes ass... <voice="johnny carson">'some wild & crazy stuff</voice>)

the difference *is* that there is no way to take GWAR seriously (or any one else 'hardcore').  shit, are you gonna be worried that a 5th grader is gonna go rape a toddler 'cause he hear GWAR sing: "Mommies, I'm love with your babies; gag that brat & then maybe, I'll suck out his brains!" (actually, i doubt that anyone under 13 has ever been subjected to GWAR, you just don't hear much about them (unless it's when their on 'Jerry Springer' (only time I've seen it, honestly; gotta friend who's recorded *every* JS/GWAR show))).  

its the new circus & as long as you remember that the clowns are just people (no pun) then its all good. that being said, there needs to be more bleach at the icp/gangbanger end of the pool (same for those who think KMDFM/NIN/Front.242/Rob.Zombie make you kill your school; they're saying something atleast borderline decent (in the above mentioned David Lynch sense)).

i'm not gonna start on movies, 'cause i didn't even mean to <rant> in the first place...

haha i listen to pretty much every band you mentioned on a regular basis except for rob zombie cos he's too image concerned for me. maybe cos its balanced w/ whiny emo bands that cry and curl up into the fetus postion on stage but i'm not planning on killing/maiming or setting anybodys house on fire any time soon. as for the sodomizing midgets part, well...;)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dream.In.Force

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 11:53 AM

Quote: from Ekostudios on 7:16 am on Mar. 29, 2002
Imagine you're 12yrs old, and your self-determined goal for life is to become a rapper. You're 12, It doesn't matter how much your parents love you, you want to do whatever the fuck you want. You want to be a rapper, so you try to figure out how jayZ or 2PAC did it. by watching thier videos, and listening to the music, you learn, that by dealing drugs, being in gangs, and raping women, you can become a famous rapper.

TOATAL BULLSHIT!!! If that kid is shown and taught what is right and wrong that would never happen! How many hard core rappers you see coming out of small towns or good families.
    The only place I see rap efect anyone is the ghetto/poor/crack mommy/deadbeat daddy..........and the little rich kids who mommy and daddy don't pay attention to!

Quote: from  
    BlueCubeStudios Posted on 9:23 am on Mar. 29, 2002
    I agree, alot of rap is corrupting people's mind these days.  They hear "kill" "guns" "drugs" and because that's what everyone listens to, they gotta be just like they heros(the rappers)  I find it kinda of funny that 99% of even high schools "gangstas" couldn't make it on the street for one day.  They'd go home to there mom's for drug money, or they rich grandma for rent money.  Nobody undertands anything.  I just would love to see a jailed x-gang member to come into a school.  All the kids would cheer for him, and I would laugh when he cusses them out and tells them how stupid they are, how they don't have any clue what they're trying to be.  I hate stupid people, and even worse, I hate fake people.
    Your just a freak'n idiot with an unoriginal opinion..... Why didn't just say, "Yeah, what everybody else said."
    Was This Post Helpful? 0
    • +
    • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
    • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 11:58 AM

roflmao.
    Was This Post Helpful? 0
    • +
    • -

• Information Designer
    • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 01:01 PM

Quote: from SlashRaid on 1:53 pm on Mar. 29, 2002

Quote: from Ekostudios on 7:16 am on Mar. 29, 2002

TOATAL BULLSHIT!!! If that kid is shown and taught what is right and wrong that would never happen! How many hard core rappers you see coming out of small towns or good families.
      The only place I see rap efect anyone is the ghetto/poor/crack mommy/deadbeat daddy..........and the little rich kids who mommy and daddy don't pay attention to!

I don't think you understand me.  I completely agree with you. If you're taught the difference between good and bad at a young age before subjected to all this shitty culture then you should come out fine. You don't see any of us going to jail for church arson after hearing Emperor for gods sake. It's the mal-parented kids I'm fuckin afraid of.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
      • +
      • -

• (3 Pages)
      • +