4 Replies - 282 Views - Last Post: 30 January 2013 - 11:27 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

make info show up in label from controls in windows form application

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I am new to vb and to this forum so please let me know if you need more info I am trying to get the information a user enters in the controls such as masked text box (phone number) and some radio buttons to appear in a label and I can not figure it out please let me know if you need more information because I am new to this and going crazy trying to figure it out and my professor told us to try to figure it out on the net but I can not find out how to do this anywhere. any help would be much appreciated. I got the first code to make the text box show up in label when the user enters it and make a error show up if they do not type any text which was

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: make info show up in label from controls in windows form application

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: make info show up in label from controls in windows form application

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

I am trying to get the information a user enters in the controls such as masked text box (phone number) and some radio buttons to appear in a label and I can not figure it out

What does this mean? Get a radiobutton int a label? Huh?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

The problem I am having is that I had to make a application where I ahd to put various things on the left such as radio buttons text box and masked text box when the user inputs data it is supposed to show up on the labels that I was told to place on the right I was able to get the code to make it show up when they typ in the text box but not the masked text box or any of the other I was trying to upload pics but had trouble I will try again thanks for the reply
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

here is a screen shot of exactly what I am doing I am not asking for all the answer but I am over half way done and very confused.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

You only need one Tooltip per form. Once you've added the Tooltip then each control has an (extended) property called ToolTip on ToolTip1 (or whatever you've named the ToolTip control).

If you add a second. etc., tooltip then only the tooltip-text for the last one added will display.

There may be a purpose to having more than one tooltip but I suspect it is related to separate threads, custom controls perhaps, but you only need one.

You already have code that sets the Text of one control to that of another:

TheOtherControlOrLabel.Text = ThisControl.Text

Other than this you just need to add code to a Click event for a button, and to the CheckedChanged event for a CheckBox; bung in a few IF statements, change the tab order, and your done :bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1