2 Replies - 416 Views - Last Post: 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Game programming after computer engineering help!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hi guys. I am about to finish Computer Engeenering college, but I want to be a game programmer. I will finish my 3rd year of college as computer engeener and I want to know if I am to late to study game programming. I am 22-23 years old now, is it too old to start over again and to learn game programming? Also can i take master in computer science after finishing computer engeenering college...
Please answer my questions, thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Game programming after computer engineering help!

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Game programming after computer engineering help!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I will finish my 3rd year of college as computer engeener and I want to know if I am to late to study game programming.

Why would you be late? Game programming is just another form of programming like a desktop app or complex web system.

Also can i take master in computer science after finishing computer engeenering college.

I am not sure why you think this would help or hinder you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Game programming after computer engineering help!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

As modi said it is not too late to get into game programming, since the majority of today's game programmers are essentially self taught. I'm a normal computer science graduate who taught himself how to program games.

What might be of more benefit to you would be to maybe take a more focused masters like one in game development. Also, given that you will be a computer engineer, the option of being a console hardware developer is also open to you for companies like Sony and Microsoft.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1