3 Replies - 795 Views - Last Post: 02 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how and where to learn Software developement?

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hi everyone here, I am a novice in programming and development, I am an economist by profession but presently I want to learn Software development, please tell me where to start and how do I ,is it possible to learn this course online and become perfect, if yes please kindly direct me where and how to.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how and where to learn Software developement?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how and where to learn Software developement?

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Possible? I'm sure. Best however would be to take a night class (day if you can handle it), at the local college. Check out what they have for a degree program for programming, etc.

Of course, run through the tutorials in forums like this. Cboard has a very good tutorial, as well. Peruse through the forums as soon as you get the basics down, and ask yourself "how would I solve that problem?" to the questions posted.

Learn how to debug using a debugger, and practice both your coding, and your debugging. People underestimate the amount of practice it takes to get good at programming. The sooner you know what languages you will want to study, and the type of programming you want to do, the better.

I'm not a professional so take this with a grain of salt, but I've been doing this for awhile.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Thank you for your for the advice, I will try to start from somewhere
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

Don't just learn the language, learn the theory too! This is why a lot of people fall short in not knowing their data structures and algorithms that are core to good programming. Also read up on mathematical logic.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1