1 Replies - 5659 Views - Last Post: 02 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

[Link] Purely Functional Data Structures in Clojure: Leftist Heap

Post icon  Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

This was an interesting read. Does anyone else have any data structure creations in functional languages they've designed and want to share?

Last year I started reading a book called Purely Functional Data Structures. Itís a fascinating book and if youíve ever wondered how Clojureís persistent data structures work, itís mandatory reading.

However, all code samples in the book are written in ML - with Haskell versions in the end of the book. This means I got stuck in Chapter 3, where the ML snippets start.

I had no clue about Haskellís - much less MLís! - syntax and I was finding it very difficult to follow along. What I did notice is that their syntaxes are not so different from each other.

So I put the book down and read Lear You a Haskell For Great Good! with the hopes that learning more about haskellís syntax - in particular, learning how to read its type signatures - would help me get going with Puretly Functional Data Structures.

http://www.leonardob..._medium=twitter

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 2
  • +

Replies To: [Link] Purely Functional Data Structures in Clojure: Leftist Heap

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [Link] Purely Functional Data Structures in Clojure: Leftist Heap

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Also interesting and related is http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pNhBQJN44YQ from Clojure Conj 2011. I enjoyed this talk. Note that the Daniel is a Scala programmer and thus the examples are Scala.

This post has been edited by Raynes: 02 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1