2 Replies - 1741 Views - Last Post: 03 February 2013 - 10:56 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Transferring FQL Results to Excel Question

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm using Facebook Query Language to grab the page IDs of companies and their different branches and want to export this information into an Excel spreadsheet. What would be the best way to transfer this information? Can it be done through just VBA?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Transferring FQL Results to Excel Question

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Transferring FQL Results to Excel Question

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postmjli1083, on 03 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I'm using Facebook Query Language to grab the page IDs of companies and their different branches and want to export this information into an Excel spreadsheet. What would be the best way to transfer this information? Can it be done through just VBA?

It depends.. How are you building this currently? That is, is it something you are running locally, or a website that you will publish and therefore have access to a server-side language?

Anyway,depending on the above information, you could just create a CSV which could be opened in Excel.

It is possible to create an Excel-app which uses VBA to extract data from web-pages but it is not a natural fit. That is, it's a little tricky to code as you won't have much intellisense to assist you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Transferring FQL Results to Excel Question

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postandrewsw, on 03 February 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

View Postmjli1083, on 03 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

It depends.. How are you building this currently? That is, is it something you are running locally, or a website that you will publish and therefore have access to a server-side language?

Anyway,depending on the above information, you could just create a CSV which could be opened in Excel.

It is possible to create an Excel-app which uses VBA to extract data from web-pages but it is not a natural fit. That is, it's a little tricky to code as you won't have much intellisense to assist you.

Thanks for the reply! I'm running queries through the facebook developers site:

https://developers.f...lds%3Did%2Cname

The returned information will go into an excel spreadsheet on my local box. I don't have any experience with creating a CSV. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to copy the information directly using vba.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1