2 Replies - 459 Views - Last Post: 04 February 2013 - 03:31 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Questions regarding iphone game designing.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Hi Friends,

I am working on my very 1st iPhone game and developer asked me to provide graphics compatible with Cocas2d-x and Unity framework. I am bit confused here in what format i should provide him all of the graphics. As currently i am working in Photoshop and client approved couple of things like main character and background pattern ( http://dexign-oxigen...llery/#/d5pxis6 ).

Please can some body help me with few questions i have in my mind regarding game design.

Question 01: For Cocas2d-x and Unity framework in which software and in what format should i generate graphics.

Question 02: In which software game designers usually design and animate graphics.

Question 03: In which file format they provide animated files to game Developers.

Question 04: What is the best resolution for iphone and android games graphics.

Question 05: what is the role of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and flash in game designing?

Question 06: what is the role of 3D software like after effect, Maya, Studio max etc.. in game design and development?

Also if you guys can recommend me any ebook, tutorial or any article regarding smart phone game design that would be a great help from you.

Thanks alot :)
Cheers,
Naveed Anjum
<contact info removed>

This post has been edited by Atli: 04 February 2013 - 05:00 AM
Reason for edit:: The [code] tags are for code, not the whole post. Also, don't post contact details in the forums. Use your profile page.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Questions regarding iphone game designing.

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Questions regarding iphone game designing.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Why not ask your developer what they require? They would be the ones to answer the resource file types and resolutions for you.

Regarding what designers use, I can see that you are confusing the roles of artists, designers and animators.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 stayscrisp  Icon User is online

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Questions regarding iphone game designing.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Question 01: For Cocas2d-x and Unity framework in which software and in what format should i generate graphics.

Like said, your developers should know this. There isn't a specific format that iphone will handle as image formats are just data after all. You can load in many image types and display them. Ask your developers!

Question 02: In which software game designers usually design and animate graphics.

Again, many different graphics software can be used for graphics. In fact I would go so far as to say that any software that allows you to create and export images is suitable.

Question 03: In which file format they provide animated files to game Developers.

This all depends on the type of game you are making, 2D games would use a sprite sheet or an image file with each frame within it so that the developers can create an animation.

Question 04: What is the best resolution for iphone and android games graphics.

I don't think this is especially important at this point, most software will give you the option to change the size of your images down the line.

Question 05: what is the role of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and flash in game designing?

None, Photoshop is for image manipulation, Illustrator for vector graphics and flash for animated web content (or desktop in some cases). None of them have a role in game design.

Question 06: what is the role of 3D software like after effect, Maya, Studio max etc.. in game design and development?

Again, these applications do not have a role in game design, they are used to create 3D meshes for use by your developers.

It may seem picky to call out your use of the words 'game design' but it's important to understand that design is a separate process to the actual development of the game and graphics. Hope that helps some.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1